Pipdoc

Typical GC20606 Twin Needle machine

Hello 

Im in a position to buy a Typical GC20606 Twin Needle machine from a retiring Auto trimmer. I've no experience with a twin needle machine......... OK, I'll be honest........ I have zero experience with any compound feed industrial machines of any kind!

Am I "punching above my weight" by even considering this type of machine? 

I have projects in mind on my motorhome...... dashboard, side panels etc. and I'll probably start by using a cheaper faux leather to get an idea of what it (and I can do).

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 08.39.13.jpg

Edited by Pipdoc
added pic

New to industrial sew machines, and buying that 1st machine that is double needle ?  Sounds like you want double the frustration on your learning curve ....LOL

The double needle maybe a good buy, and you can use it for certain stitching . But it would be better for you to pair the Double-needle as secondary station, with a good Single-needle machine as your primary, as the single needle will be the one you sit behind the most hours for a daily workhorse.

Update: I visited the workshop of the seller of this machine and frankly...... the guy selling it was clueless as to how it was meant to work. He claimed, it just needed a "little bit of attention"! Long story cut short..... I walked away.

(Thanks for your advice NR)