Sign in to follow this  
BossHogg

Consew CP206RL

Has anyone ever used the Consew CP206RL walking foot portable machine for leather? I would be doing bags and wallets. I was thinking about the weaver 303 machine, but I can’t spend that much right now. Just wondering if the Consew would be good and in the future I could upgrade. Thanks!

7 hours ago, BossHogg said:

Has anyone ever used the Consew CP206RL walking foot portable machine

The Consew CP206RL, Rex RX-607 to name a couple are all basically clones of the Sailrite LS. They are a straight stitch machines without the zig zag feature, the build quality generally appears to be not as good as the Sailrite and the support can be iffy with the clones. They were designed for repairing sails while on the water, they will only handle V92 thread, use a small class 15 bobbin and the max sewing thickness is very limited, maybe 3/16" out of the box. These portable sewing machines would definitely not be my first choice. 

What is your budget as maybe someone can suggest other machines in your price range.

kgg