DieselTech

New Tandypro electric creaser

Guys & gals my new electric creasing machine showed up today. Now I'm eager to learn how to use it. What temps for what leathers & such. 

It came with 10 tips. Watch strap tip, spatula tip, pointed thread burning tip, 1mm, 1.5mm, & 2mm crease line tips. 1.5mm compact crease line tip. & a couple others. 

I have verified Rocky mountain mini creaser tips thread right on. What tips do you recommend to pick up to have? 

The other question I got is: Do I still need to use my edge beveler to bevel the edge of the leather, before using the creasing machine on it?

Thanks any & all help will be appreciated.

phpxWMoErPM.jpg

Duh! I forgot to ask: Does anybody have any temperature recommendations for certain leathers? I'm sure I got more questions, just cant think of them. 

Thanks. 

I was also curious if anybody could tell me what the L series creaser tips do. Rocky mountain calls them a leather edge embossing tip. 

So does this tip just make a square flat type crease/line from the edge of the leather to whatever mm width of tip is chosen?

Thanks.

phpZx1240PM.jpg

I'm still experimenting myself, but I would still use a beveler. The creaser is, as far as I know, used to "iron" the edge, to make it smooth. You can also use it to melt wax into the edge. I don't know where your machine starts, temperaturewise, but I'd start with the lowest setting and when on the edge, keep moving it to avoid burning it or an uneven colour. If it is designed for creasing leather, the temperature range is presumably chosen accordingly. There are tips that are concave for rounded edges and flat ones. I'm still figuring things out myself, I'm sure there are others, that know a lot more about it. 

Have fun with your new toy! 

Christoph

19 minutes ago, Norik said:

I'm still experimenting myself, but I would still use a beveler. The creaser is, as far as I know, used to "iron" the edge, to make it smooth. You can also use it to melt wax into the edge. I don't know where your machine starts, temperaturewise, but I'd start with the lowest setting and when on the edge, keep moving it to avoid burning it or an uneven colour. If it is designed for creasing leather, the temperature range is presumably chosen accordingly. There are tips that are concave for rounded edges and flat ones. I'm still figuring things out myself, I'm sure there are others, that know a lot more about it. 

Have fun with your new toy! 

Christoph

Thanks. I'm not sure how low the temperature settings go. But the high temperature is adjustable up to 900°F 

Thanks I got lots of practice to do & research on what tips to use & have.