greatwhitetrading

153w103 feed dog walking foot height

I have a 153w103 and its sews well, the issue I have is that the feed dog and walking foot meet below (almost 1/4") the needle plate, which pushes the material (chrome tan leather and canvas) down into the needle plate.  Is this normal or is it something simple like ordering a thinner needle plate?  I raised the feed dog height, but all that did was make the material lift higher in the back and seemed to put more stress on the walking foot. Please find link below for the short video I made showing the issue. 

Edited by greatwhitetrading

feet out of sync with the feed dog.    Feed dog supposed to be coming up when inner presser foot and needle come down. They all should meet at the top of the throat plate.

glenn

Edited by shoepatcher
gramar

Feed dog does come forward and meet the needle and walking foot, it's not out of time, it sews.  The issue is the feed dog and walking foot are too low in the throat plate at the beginning of the stitch. The feed dog does come up above the plate later in the cycle. 

3 hours ago, greatwhitetrading said:

Feed dog does come forward and meet the needle and walking foot, it's not out of time, it sews.  The issue is the feed dog and walking foot are too low in the throat plate at the beginning of the stitch. The feed dog does come up above the plate later in the cycle. 

I believe that the feed eccentric might be worn as the forward reverse and lift are static and not independantly movable.