I was given a beautiful russet deerskin.  However it had been stored, folded, in a storage box.  It is very wrinkled.  I tried to hang it from the top, hoping the weight might help, but no luck.  Any suggestions?

How long have you hung it?  And are you trying to eliminate all signs of wrinkling, or just the main fold lines? 

While its hanging, I might try to lightly mist it with water using one of those fine-mist - continuous spray bottles.  the little bit of water could help give it some elasticity, and the bit of added weight from the water might help pull and stretch to flatten some of the folds.

Try putting it in the dryer with no/low heat. If you stick a couple of heavy towels in it will be more effective.

12 hours ago, Mablung said:

How long have you hung it?  And are you trying to eliminate all signs of wrinkling, or just the main fold lines? 

It has been hanging for about 3 months.  I would like to get most of the wrinkles out.  it is pretty bad.  I will try to get photo.  thanks

11 hours ago, Littlef said:

While its hanging, I might try to lightly mist it with water using one of those fine-mist - continuous spray bottles.  the little bit of water could help give it some elasticity, and the bit of added weight from the water might help pull and stretch to flatten some of the folds.

I wondered about something like that.  I assume it would be better from the back side.  Thanks

11 hours ago, tsunkasapa said:

Try putting it in the dryer with no/low heat. If you stick a couple of heavy towels in it will be more effective.

The tumbling sounds good.  That is easy to try.  It has been hanging for about 3 months and looks awful.  It is soooooo wrinkled.   Thanks