Jordan

Could have been a disaster

Last night's news, A toilet in a fast food joint was destroyed! Appears a gentleman utilizing a conceal carry holster was going about his business and while hitching his drawers the weapon lost it's grip, hit the floor and blew up the vitreous china receptacle. A lady in the next room had to be seen for chest pain by the paramedics but otherwise everyone escaped unscathed. No mention of weapon type or holster mfg. but I would imagine someone is in the market for a new holster and a repeat of the firearms safety classes.

Wow. Back in the early '80's I investigated a negligent discharge of a handgun in a hotel room. A guy was either cleaning his gun (his story) or playing with the gun (my suspicion) when it discharged. The bullet went through two walls and dropped onto a bed between a couple that had been asleep.

Can you imagine being awakened by a gun shot and finding a still-warm bullet beside you in bed? Close call.

Now, more that 25 years later, I can't remember if we charged the gun owner with Reckless Endangerment or not, but he probably should have been.

This is one of my pet peeves...

We have diaper changing shelves now in all the bathrooms...super duper, strong, and expensive. But I don't have babies no more.

ALL I want is a clothes hanger, and a small shelf in the cubbies to place my pistol, or wallet, etc. on. There's more people who have to carry things around with them, and I'm not about to put a briefcase or anything else on those floors!

Wow! Reminds me of when a good friend of mine shot himself in the foot (literally!). He told all his customers that he dropped a marble on his foot when they asked about the damage.

Last night's news, A toilet in a fast food joint was destroyed! Appears a gentleman utilizing a conceal carry holster was going about his business and while hitching his drawers the weapon lost it's grip, hit the floor and blew up the vitreous china receptacle. A lady in the next room had to be seen for chest pain by the paramedics but otherwise everyone escaped unscathed. No mention of weapon type or holster mfg. but I would imagine someone is in the market for a new holster and a repeat of the firearms safety classes.

Cheap or old handgun. A good modern handgun has an internal drop safety that prevents exactly this thing from happening. Now if someone sticks their finger into the trigger and pulls it inadvertantly... new ballgame... but then again we are trained never ever to do that!! Finger off trigger until the moment before you are ready to shoot!!!

:gun::gun::gun:

I read about this in a couple of local articles yesterday. In addition to the lady with chest pains, the owner of the gun also received some shards of porcelain to the arm. One of the local articles stated that the gun is a Kahr P40. The local suspision is that the guy is not being honest about what happened and that it was simply a negligent discharge. Kahrs have a very solid reputation of being a quality, reliable, and safe handgun that I doubt would discharge upon dropping. Here's a link to the article:

Man Hurt When Gun Blasts Toilet

Anythings possible I guess. Personally I think it was operator error. TV news did not have the detail of the written article. I am all for personal carry but some people just plain don't get it and should not be allowed the responsibility. Kind of a funny story but still a very serious topic.

Unfortunately, when it comes to guns, we almost never get the full story from the regular media. So many of them have an anti-gun bias, and they often write the stories so that people who are unfamiliar with guns can continue thinking "See! Another evil gun almost killed someone!"

Unfortunately, when it comes to guns, we almost never get the full story from the regular media. So many of them have an anti-gun bias, and they often write the stories so that people who are unfamiliar with guns can continue thinking "See! Another evil gun almost killed someone!"

Surely you jest TrooperChuck. I have never heard of the

news media being biased. To even suggest such a thing

leads me to believe you must be holed up in a shack out

west hiding from the government evil spies that they have

planted amongst all of us sane people. Would you like me

to share with you my pattern for making aluminum foil

hats. They will protect you from the governments new

top secret mind reading ray guns that can pierce the

thickest of walls right to your brain and send back all

of your private thoughts. I have been wearing mine since

I noticed all my ideas showing up in the new TV shows.

Someone was stealing my thoughts and ideas without

my knowing.Since donning the aluminum foil hat no more

of my ideas have shown up on the new TV shows.

WINDY...........BETTER KNOWN AS SHINEY HEAD .

Windy, how did you find out about my shack!?!? And, ummm, can you make me one of those hats in size 7-1/4?

Guns don't kill people - Husbands that come home early do!! :gun:

Casey

Windy, how did you find out about my shack!?!? And, ummm, can you make me one of those hats in size 7-1/4?

TrooperChuck, I have my ways. I will

have that hat out to you in no time.

I will make it double walled for you for

extra protection.If your head were a

little larger I could have sent you one

of my old hats.

WINDY

Guns don't kill people - Husbands that come home early do!! :gun:

Casey

OK, I laughed and even *snorted* when I read that...

But that said, I think it's ignorance and not some great conspiracy that makes news writers say what they say. I really doubt they all have some grand plan to discredit guns.... ever try and get 5 people to all decide where to go for lunch?

And besides, guns don't kill people.... it's the bullets.... ;)

"And besides, guns don't kill people.... it's the bullets.... ;) "

Oh my gosh, Horsehairbraider! You have no idea how hard I am laughing right now! That is a GREAT line!

Casey, you reminded me of yet another case I investigated, except it wasn't the husband who came home early, it was the wife. And, yep, she found her husband in a compromising position... with the neighbor lady... in their CHICKEN COOP!!! The wife went back in the house, got a shotgun, and literally shot the guy in the butt!

Fortunately for him, the gun was loaded with birdshot and she was far enough away that it just peppered his hide and didn't cause any real damage.

I had a heck of a time trying to keep a smirk off my face while I was interviewing that guy.