FloridaLeatherCo

Hello from Central Florida!

Hey all,

Been lurking around searching through and looking at various posts here for a few years finally decided to join.  I'm Mike and I started with leather a few years ago.  Funny enough I started out by making leather goods for Star Wars fans and cosplayers.  Anyone who has seen Star Wars knows that TONS of props are leather based.  That's how I got started.  Then I fell in love with the personal aspect of creating and designing things and watching them come alive and become a physical product.  I am 100% self-taught, but would love to learn from others.  I bought and collected a ton of tools the last few years and a few great machines (Press, Cobra 26, Glowforge, etc). 

I still sell items on ETSY, but my main source of business is for law enforcement with badge holders and badge wallets.  I design most of my stuff in Adobe Illustrator and then practice with card stock until I get it right.  I am really interested in honing my craft, learning everything I can about leatherworking.  I want to learn more about types of leathers, when and when not to use them, types of tools to use and general knowledge I can use to improve!  I retire from the State in seven years and would like to be pretty decent by then so it can remain my hobby and be a source of income!  Best of both worlds!  

-Michael

Welcome from the Florida panhandle, you found the right place for learning!