Has anyone had and used a Consew 206RL? I've been looking into getting a new sewing machine. I had a singer heavy duty 6000c and it worked good for the most part. The spool was limited and I was working on a guitar strap and it kicked back on me. It worked well for small projects like wristlet keychains etc. I'm thinking the Consew would be an upgrade from the singer since it has a walking foot but it seems like it's for lighter duty. Does anyone have experience with this model?

8 hours ago, Dominique said:

Has anyone had and used a Consew 206RL?

I have not used that particular one the Consew 206RL. It is a portable walking foot machine the same or similar to all the other Sailrite type clones. Like the others in this class of machine it has a small Singer Class 15 bobbin, the amount of material you can fit up the presser foot is very limited, stitch length consistency will depend on the thickness of material being sewn and typically a thread size maximum of V92. I think you would be much better of getting either a good used or new industrial sewing machine. These machines are better suited to doing repairs on sail material. Whether you go with a cylinder arm or flatbed will depend on what you want to sew.

kgg

8 hours ago, kgg said:

I have not used that particular one the Consew 206RL. It is a portable walking foot machine the same or similar to all the other Sailrite type clones. Like the others in this class of machine it has a small Singer Class 15 bobbin, the amount of material you can fit up the presser foot is very limited, stitch length consistency will depend on the thickness of material being sewn and typically a thread size maximum of V92. I think you would be much better of getting either a good used or new industrial sewing machine. These machines are better suited to doing repairs on sail material. Whether you go with a cylinder arm or flatbed will depend on what you want to sew.

kgg

Thank you for the reply. I would love a cobra class 26 but it's just out of the budget now. I'm hoping to find something budget friendly for the time being. Any other recommendations?

22 minutes ago, Dominique said:

I would love a cobra class 26 but it's just out of the budget now. I'm hoping to find something budget friendly for the time being. Any other recommendations?

Since you mentioned a class 341 clone, Cobra Class 26, I would suggest looking for a used Juki LS-341 / Juki LS-1341 or clone.

It really boils down to determining:

i) what do you want to sew

ii) your budget.

From those and your location machine recommendation could be suggested.

kgg