imbecky

All of the reproduction parts I've bought are bad.

I bought a Pfaff 145 about a month and half ago and it has been a nightmare. All the reproduction parts I've bought are off and are unusable. Is it possible to get reproduction parts that aren't total doo doo? Everything I've bought has been off ebay. I've found websites of parts sellers located in the US, but I assume those are going to be the same parts as what you can find on ebay. Any advice is appreciated. I'm at my wits end trying to fix my Pfaff. :helpsmilie:

Edited by imbecky

Every single part I’ve ever gotten from China ( except thread bobbin’s ) has been trash or needed major rework.   I do have a full tool and die shop.  I firmly believe they only ship the lower grade parts we order for spare’s and the best are kept for production runs. 

Sorry I feel your pain !

What did you need,  I might have it?

Edited by Skippedstich

What I need is a rotary hook assembly and some presser feet. The rotary hook assembly that I bought has an imperfection that is causing the bobbin base to bind. It seems to work okay when I leave out one of the gib screws. I only have welting feet. The needle hit the inside of the presser foot on the set I bought off ebay. 

I had the same problems. Most of the feet I tried needed some work. A few worked great out of the box. Different brands seemed to make a difference. Look for the logo stamped on the feet. It seemed to me that the ones I paid a little more for and were usa based sellers were better quality and fit. 

parts you are looking for?

glenn

The part number for the rotary hook is #91-010850-91. This is the part I ordered that had an imperfection: ROTARY HOOK #91-010850-91 / HPF-145 FOR PFAFF 141,142,143.144,145,146 ,175-196 | eBay

And I'm looking for a set of these presser feet: Double Toe&Left Toe & Right Toe Presser Feet Fit For Pfaff 335 145 245 545 1245 | eBay
However, I might be able to modify the set I purchased to work. I will find out over the weekend.

These hooks, produced in Japan (https://www.college-sewing.co.uk/hpf151-hook-base-pfaff-145-hirose.html). Are they not supposed to be of better quality?

Hirose hooks are very good hooks.  Aftermarket but excellent quality.  Have used them for years.  Should fit for you.

glenn

As to presser feet, I get my generic ones from M.J. Foley in Detroit.  have used them for years.

glenn