Sign in to follow this  
wood

saving up for Jeremiah's saddle making videos

Due to the response from everyone on here and my extreme love for a Wade saddle, I am currently saving up for Jeremiah's saddle making videos but I was curious if anyone had seen or has any reviews of his silver engraving, bitand spur making ones. Saddle making has always been what I learned leather work for but I've always been amazed by the guys who make there own buckles and conchos, etc. Just wondering what y'all thought about it. Also is his carving video for beginners or is it something good for all? Thanks, Wood

Wood,

I think the carving one is worth the dough too. He has a tip for lining up angled basket stamping patterns that was worth the whole cost for me. I was having a heck of a time with my wife trying the angled patterns. I just couldn't explain the concept right. Jeremiah could. I think anyone could benefit from the carving set. He shows how to do stamping, different borders, and lots of different flowers. Also making up patterns. Good one.

I initially reviewed the saddlemaking and carving due to the generosity of another person and then I purchased all of the ones that you mentioned. I have found all of Jeremiah's videos to be great learning tools (3 Silver/Engraving, Saddlemaking and Carving). My only wish is that he could do more of the videos at this time. I give them all a thumbs-up. Video work is good throughout all of them even though they are over 10 years old. Lighting is good. Explanations are good - you do get some of Jeremiah's colorful sayings and such. He strives to always share his work and his hands aren't in the way blocking what he's doing. Hope that helps.

Regards,

Ben

You can find them here.

http://www.ranch2arena.com/videoeng.html

Art

Who sells these videos?

Thanks guys. I keep telling myself I'm ready to start building but I just can't seem to get myself out there and risk ruining that much leather and supplies and end up with nothing. I had a guy showing me things on a cutting saddle he was building and I picked up a few things there (then he moved to Ft. Worth so I didn't get to learn as much as I would like) and I worked in a saddle shop for about 6-8 months mostly just washing and doing repair. Then of course I have bought Stohlman, Dusty Johnson's and Bob Likewise's books and learned from all of those. I have a few old trees in the shop that were given to me but none are in good enough shape for a full saddle so I've been practicing wrapping horns, etc. But a wade saddle is what I want to "specialize" in so maybe Watt's video's will break me over the edge to bite the bullet and do it. Thanks for letting me rant a little, I guess an apprenticeship would be best but with work (my wife has made it clear leatherwork will always be a hobby and not my source of income :))and family I can't see where a real good saddlemaker would let me just show up when I can and pick there mind. O'well guess I'll learn by hard knocks like the greats did. Later, Wood