Sign in to follow this  
The Major

Semi-transparent acrylic colors?

Does anyone know of a manufacturer for semi transparent acrylic colors. Or better question, do they exist. Or even better question anyone mix their own?

Major:

For a project I made as a business banner to advertise our business, I used FW Acrylic Artists Inks, by Daler Rowney. They are semi-transparent (but pigmented) artists inks, but I've also used them without shaking up the pigment. I found them in AC Moore in the airbrush pigment area of their store. They also carry opaque & transparent (but pigmented) acrylic airbrush dyes (Createx is one of them, and there are other good brand names carried there.). For my project, I used both full strength and diluted dye washes to do my dyeing for this particular project. And no, I didn't airbrush them, I applied them with brushes.

I am quite satisfied with my final results in the project, but I don't know how fade resistant they are in relation to the standard spirit dyes (which are VERY fade-able over time).

Btw, if you sign up with www.acmoore.com, they offer (mostly) 40% off coupons each week which can save a little bit when buying some leather ...'stuff'... or related items.

Edited by whinewine

Major:

For a project I made as a business banner to advertise our business, I used FW Acrylic Artists Inks, by Daler Rowney. They are semi-transparent (but pigmented) artists inks, but I've also used them without shaking up the pigment. I found them in AC Moore in the airbrush pigment area of their store. They also carry opaque & transparent (but pigmented) acrylic airbrush dyes (Createx is one of them, and there are other good brand names carried there.). For my project, I used both full strength and diluted dye washes to do my dyeing for this particular project. And no, I didn't airbrush them, I applied them with brushes.

I am quite satisfied with my final results in the project, but I don't know how fade resistant they are in relation to the standard spirit dyes (which are VERY fade-able over time).

Btw, if you sign up with www.acmoore.com, they offer (mostly) 40% off coupons each week which can save a little bit when buying some leather ...'stuff'... or related items.

Thank you. I'll have to check them out.