Sign in to follow this  
candyleather

made this celtic circle stamp

I have made this celtic circle stamp with an alloy of steel and alluminium. I don't welded the celtic circle stamp to the Tandy handle 8200-01, that would be very expensive! My celtic circle stamp is like a 2D&3D Tandy stamp, with a little bit of tube welded at the back for insert the handle when I want stamping leather with him and to detach or separate when finish. I am not sure if I have attached well the images, I'm sorry.leatherstamps_06.jpgleatherstamps_10.jpgbanha_03.jpg

post-145-1172623444_thumb.jpg

post-145-1172623488_thumb.jpg

post-145-1172623572_thumb.jpg

Not only you have talent in leathercraft, but you are also a metal caster :thumbsup: Awesome! I buy 3 of your tool :Lighten:

Candy! I am so glad you came back! I really like your design, and your stamp is as nice (or better) than anything I've seen lately. Would you be willing to share with us metal-ignorant people how one goes about designing a creating such a stamp? Could you do a logo, for example? What kind of metal do you use and how do you cut it to your design?

What else have you been up to lately? Got pics? It's good to hear from you. :) Glad you're back!

Johanna

Thanks for your words, Patrice and Johana. It is very easy with an old metalturner machine (I don't know other name), I am leathercrafter, woodcrafter and metalcrafter. The machine is connect to a computer, I get the pic that I like and the metalturner machine engraves the work in a sheet or in a plank made of the alloy of steel and alluminium in a hour or less. After I turner the hole or tube in the back for handle. Finish the work polishing at hand.

For the steel stamps is more difficult. The machine engraves the design in the steel stick and after the stamps must be templated for get hardness with hot in an oven and after cool down faster in water or oil and finishing the work polishing with a metal file. Is like make a knife.

I can made anything design with a computer and this machine, I only need the pic in jpg or gif files and putt the final touches to the project. The limit is in the size, 1" x 1", or a little bit more, but is better a lower size. The steel and alluminium alloy sheet is not cheap if I made only one or two stamps. The celtic circle have a cost of 40 € ($53) making only one. I am thinking made 100 of every design for get it more inexpensive.

Let me show here other stamps in stainless steel and in steel blued finish.

leatherstamps_07_b.jpgleatherstamps_03.jpgleatherstamps_12.jpg

leatherstamps_08.jpg

post-145-1172631952_thumb.jpg

post-145-1172632020_thumb.jpg

post-145-1172632063_thumb.jpg

post-145-1172632157_thumb.jpg

Very impressed.....

Where are you located? If I sent you a pic of a symbol, you would be able to make it in a 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch?

Candyleather,

I think you may have started a very profitable business. Your tools marketed as one of one hundred would sell like crazy in the USA. I know I would buy one of everything you made.

VERY VERY nice work.

Dave Theobald