Sign in to follow this  
esantoro

tricks or techniques for getting a stuck cap off a Duall's #88 can?

Do any of you know any tricks or techniques for getting a stuck cap off a Duall's #88 can?

Any recommendations for a plastic glue dispenser?

Thanks,

Ed

Do any of you know any tricks or techniques for getting a stuck cap off a Duall's #88 can?

Any recommendations for a plastic glue dispenser?

Thanks,

Ed

Ok, here is something my friends use that may not work for others.

Punch a hole ( with a nail ) at the top edge of the cap/lid, tilt the can and load the glue with a half inch flat brush. The brush will be harden like a piece of wood but shaped like a chisel and that's what the idea is all about, hard and yet flexible.

As for me, I use a plastic bottle, drill a hole on the plastic cap. For small project I squeeze the glue on my finger and for larger piece, I use the cap as a spreader as I squeeze rather than many had mentioned using plastic cards. Place a scrap piece of leather over the hole after use.

Ed,

Maybe I'm not reading enough into this, but I remove the lid off my Barge cans with either a pipe wrench or pair of channel lock pliers, whichever is closer. I put my glue into 16 oz plastic squeeze bottles and can squeeze out a bead size that varies depending on how hard I squeeze and how fast I move it.

Bruce Johnson

Once you get the cap off, take a q-tip and put some vasoline around the inside of the cap as well as the threads around the top of the container. This tip also works for rubber cement. Joe