Sign in to follow this  
rgerbitz

nose button

Thank you for your support

On the fourth and final attempt I have a passable nose button.

Thought I might show you all how it went. I used Bryan Neuberts' multiple string method. I would be most appreciative of any critizism.

Nose_Button_1.JPGNose_Button_2.JPG[attachmen

=4653:Finished_NB.JPG]

Finished_NB.JPG

post-5521-1198291259_thumb.jpg

post-5521-1198291297_thumb.jpg

post-5521-1198291334_thumb.jpg

Great! You got it! Fourth time's the charm, eh? ;) It looks good...

Is that leather, or rawhide? It looks like leather but it can be hard to tell in a photo.

Although I've never built a bosal I think it looks great. And the other pieces ya showed looked good. I really think the the only way to improve on the nosebutton would be to use smaller strings but thats just my own taste. Keep up the good work. Mike

The brown rawhide was actually an accident, I'm not entirely sure how I got it that color. It took about 2 weeks of soaking before the hair slipped off of that hide. I had used a pelleted lime in the water that had a brown tinge to it I think that is why it turned so brown. Its that or when I got that hide it was the middle of march last year and the hide had a lot of manure caked on it I couldn't get any of it off so it went in with hide. So it is possible that the whole hide is poo stained.

Hey Rob, Great job. I looks pretty good. I thought I'd mention that if you check the TCAA website. Leland Hensley and Nate Wald will be giving a Bosal Making clinic next Sept. at the Cowboy Museum!

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

So Much Trouble in the World
Bob Marley - So Much Trouble

looks good to me! keep up the good work! bosals are alot of fun to make. i've only made a few, but they grow on you