sandycreek

Hello from Central Illinois

Hello everyone!

I'm absolutely (as of Dec. 27 2008) new to leather working. I'm 25, with a BS in writing/minor in art (which, by the way, will get you a killer data entry job :o ). I grew up in the country and still live within 10 miles of the family farm. I'm also a practicing blacksmith (at the serious hobby/ sometimes pays for itself level)

My wife and I had our second child back in May 08, and when my wife returned from maternity leave, she found that she had been moved to a split second/third shift. Needless to say, this seriously cut into my shop-time. So, since about mid-July, I've been looking for a new hobby that could be practiced from the comfort of my own basement during the week. I stumbled into the local Tandy store two days after Christmas and happened upon their Christmas/end of the year sale (I'd actually gone in looking for some leather to repair some old tree-climbing spikes) and have successfully managed to invest over half of my Christmas gained "play money" since.

In the short time I've been perusing the forums here, I've already found them to be a goldmine of knowledge. I am looking forward to contributing where I can, and learning everywhere else.

Thanks!

-Aaron

Edited by sandycreek

]Welcome Aaron and congrats on the your new baby ! Blacksmith sounds like a killer hobby its unlimited what you can do with that ! Your going to get the bug working with leather and all the info you need is right here .Good luck Raleigh

Aaron,

Welcome and feel free to ask away. Where abouts in NC Illinois?

Howdy Aaron from another from Illinois. You must be down Peoria way if you're calling the Tandy store local.

Welcome, Leather is a Great Hobie :deadsubject: !

Welcome aboard!

You must be down Peoria way if you're calling the Tandy store local.

It takes me about 40 minutes heading south to get to the Tandy store, of course from work it's only about 10 minutes across town. The way Peoria is growing (or at least Was growing) it won't be long before we're just a suburb :(

-Aaron

Welcome to the forum Aaron...Enjoy

Greetings from Round Rock, Texas

I live forty minutes north of Peoria off of 74 any where near you?