Clay

Monthly Challenge Feb 2009

Well it has been a long while but it is back!! The challenge for the month of February is a Rose. I thought it would be apropriate due to Valetines Day. There is no set pattern for this challenge as there are lots of rose patterns out there so find one you like tool it up, color it if you like, add some hearts or a cupid. Make it all mushy and give it to your Valentine!!! So there you have it, I challenge you to a rose!!!

ClayM.

Clay

Since there has not been any activity for the February Challenge I thought I might get it started. Here is my picture of 4 different roses.

roses_tooled__Large_.jpg

post-720-1235220805_thumb.jpg

Thanks for taking the Challenge. Very nice roses and neat to see them in various carving styles. Great job!!

ClayM.

roses_tooled__Large_.jpg

How did I miss the challenge post??? Only a few days left in February too. I'd better get busy!!!

Nice job on the 4 rose group!

I was not sure if you mean ONLY carved roses , but here is one that I did awhile back. 5" x 8" molded red rose set in a frame. I did it on the spur of the moment on Saturday when I was bored. It is hanging on my wall for now.

:coffeecomp: Kiwi

66_0451.jpg

post-8662-1235267855_thumb.jpg

I haven't had a chance to do any roses this month, but here's a purse I did last year. Hey, it's got roses.

L.A.N._roses_005__Medium_.jpg

L.A.N._roses_007__Medium_.jpg

post-4924-1235269364_thumb.jpg

post-4924-1235269382_thumb.jpg

IMG_6180a.jpg

IMG_6182a.jpg

Didn't even READ the challenge and accidentally made something for it. Woo Hoo!!

post-5266-1235521679_thumb.jpg

post-5266-1235521688_thumb.jpg

IMG_6180a.jpg

IMG_6182a.jpg

Didn't even READ the challenge and accidentally made something for it. Woo Hoo!!

You got lucky on that one Thanks for sharing, how about a little more on how you painted the roses?

ClayM.