Sign in to follow this  
Curbstrap2

Need recomendations for saddler

Can anyone recommend a saddle smith experienced with working with vintage western saddles? I am in the USA on the East Coast, but will ship if necessary. Thanks!

I have read many articles in The Leathercrafters & saddlers Journal on restoring old saddles. They are written by mr Richard L. Sherer, Sherer Custom saddles Inc. in Colorado. You might give him a call ?

I have read many articles in The Leathercrafters & saddlers Journal on restoring old saddles. They are written by mr Richard L. Sherer, Sherer Custom saddles Inc. in Colorado. You might give him a call ?

Thank you!

give me a call. I have restored many " basket case"

vintage western saddles. G S Garcia. Bools and Bools. Visalia. Porter. Hamley. I also build custom saddles. I am located in Fallon Nevada. 7752324809 ask for fred thanx

give me a call. I have restored many " basket case"

vintage western saddles. G S Garcia. Bools and Bools. Visalia. Porter. Hamley. I also build custom saddles. I am located in Fallon Nevada. 7752324809 ask for fred thanx

Thank you for your reply. Please take a look at the saddle shots and tell me what you think.

http://s323.photobucket.com/albums/nn457/i...Wyeth%20Saddle/

Since I would need to ship it from the East Coast, I would like to get an idea of repair costs.

Sincerely,

Lynn

It just depends on what you want to do with this when it is finished. Are you going to ride it? Display? etc...

But to put it in useable condition it needs stirrup leathers, Most likely fleeced with new strings, The quilted seat looks pretty good. It is a rough out so it is going to be dark in color for the most part, (just goes with age and use). I would have to guess on shipping, but about 75-100 to ship to me.

Stirrup leathers, fleeeced with strings, clean and oil, check out the rest of saddle, ship back to you would be approximately, $550-600. let me know if you want me to do this. fred 775-232-4809.

Can anyone recommend a saddle smith experienced with working with vintage western saddles? I am in the USA on the East Coast, but will ship if necessary. Thanks!

Hi,

Can I ask where on the east coast you are, we are right in Connecticut and are 4 generations strong in the Harness & Saddle industry. I wish I could tell you how many saddles we have rebuilt but who could count that high, Please feel free to either email me or you can call my shop at the number listed below.

Guest Guest

I am a saddle maker in Wyoming and started making and restoring saddles and tack w/ my Grandfather in Cody, Wyoming in the eatly 1950's. I was only a youngster then but still make and restore saddles, tack, holster, etc. I can provide examples, photos, and references just E-mail if still interested.