DLL

BISSONNETTE EDGER TOOLS

I'm new to this forum but wanted to tell about the Bissonnette Edgers that we have for sale. My husband makes these edgers of high quality stainless steel flatware. He has made his own leather working tools for years because the ones he bought from suppliers always seemed to not be exactly what he wanted, so he would have to modify or put it in a drawer never to be used! That was #1 reason for making these edgers, #2 reason was the COST of the edgers purchased from our suppliers.

Sharpened and ready to use, these edgers will hold an edge as well as expensive stainless steel edges. These unique edgers have a flattened handle which prevents it from rolling off workbench. We guarantee you'll like the quality for the money or we will refund cost of the edgers but NONE of the shipping costs.

We have sets of (4) edgers of commonly used sizes; prices range from $60.00 + shipping for a set of 4 with different patterns or shaped handles; OR a set of (4 edgers) with matching handles for cost of $80.00 + shipping.

I have noted complaints in the forum of excessive shipping costs especially on Ebay, we charge actual cost of Insured Priority Mail according to your zipcode.100_5091.JPG

post-6053-1204347541_thumb.jpg

Have I seen these posted somewhere else?

I Bought a set of these, I haven't "Used" them yet, but I tried them out and was really happy with them. A lot better quality then what I was expencting! I am happy with them thought!

-Andrew

Have I seen these posted somewhere else?

Yes, we have them listed on Ebay as well. Have sold sets in 5 countries as well as in the US, so far all have been more than pleased with them.

I Bought a set of these, I haven't "Used" them yet, but I tried them out and was really happy with them. A lot better quality then what I was expencting! I am happy with them thought!

-Andrew

Thank you for the comments Andrew. I believe the more you "use" them the more you'll appreciate them! Every time Dave picks his up to use, he says "I cannot believe I used those "other" things as long as I did!"

DLL

I used them more today, I like them. They have a good feel. decent "heft". I used the biggest one #4 on some 12 oz harness leather, and it was getting to the belly, so it was a bit spongy and they glided right threw it. I used the#1 and #2 on some 10oz bridle leather, they cut excellent!. At first they took a little getting used to... But I am pretty damn happy with them! -Andrew

You have me intrigued, but I'm not quite sold.

You have me intrigued, but I'm not quite sold.

im with tracy on that one...

im interested in buying some, but I dont need a whole set.do you sell them individually or just as a set? also, do you take credit cards? I can do paypal. LOL

Duke's question is a great one... also, do you make a very fine one? I only use leather that is about 1 oz or sometimes less, but still have a need for an edger. Do you make special edgers like this for people?

Duke's question is a great one... also, do you make a very fine one? I only use leather that is about 1 oz or sometimes less, but still have a need for an edger. Do you make special edgers like this for people?

Hello,

No, sorry we just don't make one that fine. Ours will do about a 3-4 oz. but to do a 1 oz. the outer edges of the tool would have to be so thin in order to keep from bumping the work surface. Also, being this thin, you have risk of outer edge cracking or breaking because it is so thin.

DLL

im interested in buying some, but I dont need a whole set.do you sell them individually or just as a set? also, do you take credit cards? I can do paypal. LOL
Yes, we will sell individually. The cost is $20.00.00 x how many + shipping for the ones with the fancier handles OR $15.00 X how many + shipping for handles that have a different pattern or shape in the same set. Hope I have explained clearly enough about price differences, if not, let me know and I'll try again. After I know how many you want, then I can give you shipping cost (as I stated in earlier post, we charge actual cost). Paypal is fine.

DLL

im with tracy on that one...

Well, don't know what to tell you but we have a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied with the quality when you receive them, let us know, then immediately return for refund of cost but NONE of the shipping costs. When we get the tools back, will check them over for damage then will refund by Paypal. So all you're out is the total shipping cost---to receive them and to return them.

DLL

If you sell them by the piece, I am getting coser to trying one. Glad to know you stand behind your product. If I buy one, I'll have to save the reciept. Not for returning purposes, but to show my wife that I didn't destroy any of her silverware.

I saw on Ebay where you had 2 types: Western and Bissonnette. I'm not familiar with the Bissonette. .. the ones I use (like Craftool) more resemble the Western. . . can you explain the difference in the two types and any differences in the edge they produce? Thanks Much! Such a great idea.

please list a link to a website or some way of getting the ball rolling on purchasing. thank you.

Hi Jacquee',

Ron Edmonds makes the edger you probably need. They are called Montana edgers but are basically a short toed edger, and are made down to 1/64 or less cut. The down side is they cost around $70. If you catch them at a show they are discounted a little. I have them and they work on 1oz, they are the only ones that do as the toes are short enough.

Art

Thanks Art - I'll start saving up my egg money! ;)

@ DLL - thanks for answering my question. The edgers made from cutlery sound really cool - I'm sorry to hear they won't work for my application, but most everybody else could use them just fine I bet.

I too am intrigued about these. How does one order them from you?

If you sell them by the piece, I am getting coser to trying one. Glad to know you stand behind your product. If I buy one, I'll have to save the reciept. Not for returning purposes, but to show my wife that I didn't destroy any of her silverware.
LOL, saving the receipt makes good sense to me!! If it wasn't for the fact that I am with Dave when he buys the silverware, I would be checking on mine too!

I too am intrigued about these. How does one order them from you?

We don't have a website, so probably the simpliest way to order would be for you to email me at dleibering@aol.com so we can discuss what you need, and then after I know what you want, I can email you pictures so you can see what you're getting. OR, I have just listed a set of 4 on Ebay, Item #140212695663 that you may want to check out.

I saw on Ebay where you had 2 types: Western and Bissonnette. I'm not familiar with the Bissonette. .. the ones I use (like Craftool) more resemble the Western. . . can you explain the difference in the two types and any differences in the edge they produce? Thanks Much! Such a great idea.
They are a pretty good idea and much more affordable than most. Both types produce same edges, but there are differences in the way you USE the Bissonnette over the Western & Common edgers. The Bissonnette is a safety edger, it has a rounded end whereas the one like you use has two pointed ends, if the edger slips and bumps your finger, the Bissonnette will not "poke" your finger like a Western will. Also, the Bissonnette can be PUSHED or PULLED to make an edge. And with the Bissonnette, it seems to get into and out of corners easier than the Western. Husband (Dave) uses both types of edgers, but he usually prefers the Bissonnette because they seem "handier"----but this is his personal preference. Hope I have answered your questions.

please list a link to a website or some way of getting the ball rolling on purchasing. thank you.

[/quote

We don't have a website, best way to contact would be to email me at dleibering@aol.com There we can discuss what you need and I can email picture to show you what it'll look like before you purchase.

Thank you for your interest.

DLL

I'm new to this forum but wanted to tell about the Bissonnette Edgers that we have for sale. My husband makes these edgers of high quality stainless steel flatware. He has made his own leather working tools for years because the ones he bought from suppliers always seemed to not be exactly what he wanted, so he would have to modify or put it in a drawer never to be used! That was #1 reason for making these edgers, #2 reason was the COST of the edgers purchased from our suppliers.

Sharpened and ready to use, these edgers will hold an edge as well as expensive stainless steel edges. These unique edgers have a flattened handle which prevents it from rolling off workbench. We guarantee you'll like the quality for the money or we will refund cost of the edgers but NONE of the shipping costs.

We have sets of (4) edgers of commonly used sizes; prices range from $60.00 + shipping for a set of 4 with different patterns or shaped handles; OR a set of (4 edgers) with matching handles for cost of $80.00 + shipping.

I have noted complaints in the forum of excessive shipping costs especially on Ebay, we charge actual cost of Insured Priority Mail according to your zipcode.100_5091.JPG

We now have some of our Edgers listed on Ebay auction and also in our Ebay store. Store address is:

http://stores.ebay.com/leiberings-leather-works

DLL