kamac

OWB for a Glock 23 and a double mag carrier

Here are a couple of pics of my latest efforts. I have been refining my pattern for OWB, and think I have it just about right. The mag carrier is something I saw on the net and copied. It works well, and I like that it is made from one piece of leather.

This is also my 1st attempt at basket weave.

Everything is made from Tandy 6-7 oz shoulder, Fieblings Light Brown dye, and Super Sheen for finish.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

G23001.jpg

G23002.jpg

G23003.jpg

G23004.jpg

G23005.jpg

Checkout this tutorial on the basket weave:

http://pslac.org/public/02_feb05.pdf

I assume you intend to carry the mags reversed, the tips of the projectiles should face forward assuming that's for a right hand operator's carry. They should be worn on the left side, as pistols are reloaded with the support hand. Otherwise, with the bullet tips facing toward the operator's six, he/she will have to contort the wrist -or- juggle and flip the mag around to get the proper grip on the mag for loading (reloading); the extra manipulation, therefore increases the chance of fumbling and dropping the load/reload mag. Maybe you just stuck the mags in the pouch that way for the photo - so I'm preaching to the choir!

That design with the snap-on straps on your mag pouches, if they become unsnapped inadvertently, will dump the mags on the deck. If you want snap-on-and-off pouches, you might consider reversing the strap design s0o they run in the other direction, from top to bottom, i.e. put the snaps down at the bottom of the pouch, that way if they do unsnap at an unopportune time, you won't loose the payload (mags). Of course, we assume the pouches remain hanging on the belt IF they become unsnapped when that's not wanted. What I'm describing has been around for a long time, and the design is based around sound tactics.

Edited by Billsotx