JohnD

Lost my wallet

I was working about two hours north of where I live and somehow I lost my wallet, without even knowing it.( I've posted pictures of it in the wallet topic when I first made it.) As I pulled into the town I live in, my cell rings. The person on the other end tells me he found my wallet. I start thinking about turning around and driving the 2 hours back up to get it, when the guy tells me he lives in the same town that I do. We arrange to meet later.

When He returns the wallet, I offer him some money for his troubles/honesty, which he refuses. He tells me how nice the wallet is and asks where I got it, so I tell him that I made it.

He pulls his wallet out, pretty beat up and worn. He had it made years ago when he visited England. So he tells me again how he likes my wallet and has been looking for something just like it, so, of course I offer to make him one, which he starts to decline and quickly says "are you sure?".

So, I'll be making one for him. I just couldn't believe my luck, to lose my wallet, 2 hours from home, only to have it found by a guy who lives in the same town as me. An honest guy to boot. Not only does he live close to me, he owns the company that maintains the satellite facilities for the company that I work for (which is how he got my cell number, by calling one of my coworkers who knew me).

I just thought I would share. I hope this is in the right thread, it is about leather stuff........mostly.

John

JohnD- if anyone deserved the good karma today, you did. I'm glad you got your wallet back, and I think it's cool that the guy admired yours so much he wants one too. Tuck a few of your business cards in there for when he gets compliments. It's good to know that there are people who will do the right thing, just because it is the right thing. I'm glad you met one of those good people today. But then, you would have done the same for him, so what goes around comes around. :)

Johanna

Glad you got your wallet back. Ya better not charge him for the one you're going to make him now.

Man it's great to know there are still bonafide honest people still living.... That's a fantastic story...I'm sure both of you will be extremely satisfied.

John, It's so refreshing to hear such a wonderful story. When you see him again, thank him on behalf of the rest of us for being such a good guy!

Crystal

(Who had her purse stolen out of a vehicle in a church parking lot.)

Sa.mar.i.tan "one who is compassionate and helpful to a person in distress"

Looks like it went both ways

Very cool.

Butch

I thought if anyone would appreciate this story, the people here would.

Thanks for all the kind responses. I have, all of a sudden, become very busy with the spring coming and everyone wanting to get there bikes finished, but, I've made the wallet a priority. Of course I won't charge him. Most of the stuff I make, aside from the motorcycle seats, I do for free anyway.

Johanna, your high opinion of me is flattering, Thanks and my wife says you're right.

John