I agree with Chuck's statement about it spreading out to unwanted places. Just keep in mind that it's a pretty thin fluid, and it will run through the leather fibers. If you have enough on a brush to soak a piece, there's a good chance it will wick through the fibers to other areas. Now, it IS entirely possible to 'roon pieces and then attach them to other pieces. I've taken to doing that with belt loops, because once dry....it's black and it's gonna stay that way with zero transfer. Would I use it for coloring script letters on a belt.....probably not.

I'll make another dog collar some day soon, I'll just have to put up some wallpaper in the living room first. ;)

Then I'll try to "paint" with vinegroon, if it proves not successful, I'll just soak it completely and paint the areas I intended to have in another color with acrylic colors. I suppose they are able to cover those small pars with a satisfying result, as I have found them to have quite good covering abilities.

Anyway, I'll try to remember to let you know how the result was, might be good for others to know as well.

I am very familiar with vinegroon, I have used it myself. I am curious what it's toxicity is VS dye when used on leather drinking vessels such as bottles and mugs. Mine are lined with pitch and beeswax inside and beeswax out side. I'm just wary of rust poisoning. Then of course I know that dye is not healthy, but it is much more widely used and its effects more known.

Make my first batch of vinegaroo good result but how do you get rid of the smell of vinegar

Make my first batch of vinegaroo good result but how do you get rid of the smell of vinegar

Hang it up in front of a fan or during the summer outside.... usually takes about twenty four hours....

Hang it up in front of a fan or during the summer outside.... usually takes about twenty four hours....

I do the same thing. I put it in front of a fan over night for a couple nights. It still has a faint smell but only if you put it up to your nose.