Sign in to follow this  
Alan Bell

Hat band

I finally got this hat band on a hat and got a decent picture of it. It is a 12 strand Trenza Patria braid with 1mm wide strings out of horse rawhide and the buttons are Gaucho "Left Hand" knots. The band itself is 1/4" wide. Kinda hard to get a decent picture of it so I hope this shows up clear enough to see.

Vaya Con Dios, Alan

DSCF0232.JPG

DSCF0233.JPG

post-1670-1238644399_thumb.jpg

post-1670-1238644518_thumb.jpg

Nice like always Alan.

I have seen this hat band in the flesh er or should I say in the hide. ;) The pictures don't do it justice.

Mike

Great looking hatband Alan!!

I think Mike is right, i really like to see this one "live"!!

Tom

That's a really nice hatband, the Trenza Patria has become my new favorite flat braid. Here's a photo of a hatband I made a few weeks ago in the style of Broken Heart Trading Co work.

dscn3131.JPG

post-9931-1238684624_thumb.jpg

Alan

Nice looking hatband!! It good to see more of your work.

Mike

That is a different Trenza Patria pattern that I'm not familiar with? Is it just O1, U1?

Vaya Con Dios, Alan Bell

That's a really nice hatband, the Trenza Patria has become my new favorite flat braid. Here's a photo of a hatband I made a few weeks ago in the style of Broken Heart Trading Co work.

dscn3131.JPG

The hatband is a 10 strand braid and is only about a 1/2 inch wide. I work with 2 strands on a side then 2 strands on the other side, the setup would be to have 6 strands on one side and 4 on the other. Then the first strand (6 strand side) goes over 2, under 2 and over one. The second strand (same side) goes under 2 over 2. Switch over to the other side and repeat.

I like the scalloped edge that the braid produces. Would like to see it in rawhide so if you do one be sure to post pictures.

I love seeing stuff like this! I'd like to learn to braid some day, but it's SO mind boggling to start out. I really want to work with rawhide, but don't know where to start.

alan, nice looke hat band