Mike Craw

Text Size?

I went to the Extreme Leather Workshop in Asheville with ArtS and a bunch of other fine folks, and I took my laptop to do some quickie photo copying for the participants and also check my email. Well, the Doubletree Hotel was wireless, and in working with Tech Support trying to hook up to the wireless net (never was successful) they had me make a "few" changes to my settings. You guys know me well enough by now to know that I don't have a clue what-all got changed, but when I got home, I couldn't hook up to the net with my Ethernet cable either. Over 7 hours of telephone games with AT&T Tech support with "Jeff" in Bombay later, my son-in-law (an IT guy for Quest Diagnostics) FINALLY got me back up and running.

The problem now is that the print on the Leatherworker.net screen is so small I can hardly see it. Either something else got re-set, or I went blind in North Carolina. Is there an idiot-proof solution to this, or do I have to call "Jeff" again??

Mike

If you are using microsoft Can't suggest anything, If you use linux and firefox you can download a program called No Squint works well and is adjustable.

Is this happening on all sites or just LW?

If it is all sites- hold your control key down and scroll the wheel on your mouse if you have one. Or click "view" at the top of the page and click the text size to whatever you prefer.

Johanna

Is there a way I can view the text on LW at a larger size? My bifocals really, really suck, and I often just look over the tops of my glasses instead of through them. I tried using the "view" option and selected "Largest" text, but there was no change.

Wow, that Ctrl-wheel thing worked great. Thanks Johanna!! When I click on the "Sizes" tab at the top of this page, it just inserts a code, but it doesn't make the font in this block any bigger or easier to see.

Mike

Mike,

Ethanol NOT methanol. Hold down control key and hit the plus+ and/or minus- keys, does the same as the scroll wheel. The "sizes" combo box just puts codes in your test, it gets bigger when you preview or add.

Art

Wow, that Ctrl-wheel thing worked great. Thanks Johanna!! When I click on the "Sizes" tab at the top of this page, it just inserts a code, but it doesn't make the font in this block any bigger or easier to see.

Mike

Mike,

Ethanol NOT methanol. Hold down control key and hit the plus+ and/or minus- keys, does the same as the scroll wheel. The "sizes" combo box just puts codes in your test, it gets bigger when you preview or add.

Art

Thanks Art, but unfortunately it doesn't get BIGGER when I'm trying to type it!! :smashcomp:

Mike

If you are having small text when you type, click the "add reply" or "post new topic" button and check the size of the font you are using. Forum default is Verdana 3. Is that what you mean? When you click the text size button, a menu should pop up with sizes.

Johanna

Mike, you tried the 'shine didn't you?

Ohoh, Mike, do you think that's what the problem is?

Johanna,

When I click "Reply" and start to type, the print if very small. When I click "Sizes" and click on one of the larger numbers, all it does is put a code notation in the line. The print doesn't change size.

Mike