Sign in to follow this  
megabit

Thank you WhiteBuff

I have been meaning to post this for awhile now. I bought one of WhiteBuff's string cutter/beveler/splitters and I am very impressed. This thing works like a charm and is well built to boot.

Thank you for building such a good value.

Mike

I have been meaning to post this for awhile now. I bought one of WhiteBuff's string cutter/beveler/splitters and I am very impressed. This thing works like a charm and is well built to boot.

Thank you for building such a good value.

Mike

Mike,

I'm not familiar with that one...didn't find anything when I Googled it. Can you point me to info regarding this?

Thanks,

Bob

hidepounder

Here's the link I think http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=15534 I'm not sure I copied it right. But it's in a topic started by rcsaddles. Hope ya can find it.

A different Mike

Hey it worked!!! I just tried it. Damn I even surprise myself sometimes!!!

Edited by rawhide1

Yeap that is it, here are a pic from that thread:

type2_5.jpg

Thanks, I appreciate it!

Bob

Was wondering how this beveler does with wider lace. I usually use 3/8 lace to lace saddle skirts together.

heath

The beveler section looks like it would handle 3/8". Actually I think it would go a little wider, but not sure. I tell you what, this thing works like a charm. I used to *hate* beveling. Now it's actually fun. Not to mention FAST.

Can you post his contact info in case we would like to order one.

Randy

Well since we're talking about cutter / bevelers. I thought I would post the one I had custom made for me. I wont give the price and yes it is almost the same that is pictured and for sale on another site. But this one has a few more tweaks to it as I needed the tweaks for some of the leather braiding that I do.

cut1.jpg

The materials used are Delrin and steel for the shaft that hold the cutter parts and I don't know what type of steel that is for the bench clamp. Delrin is as strong as stainless steel and can be smoothed out like stainless steel. I thought it would be better to use that instead of the steel because of the rust factor and it wont leave a burnish on the hide while cutting.

Here's a few more pics of it.

cut1a.jpg

cut1b.jpg

post-1307-1246088322_thumb.jpg

post-1307-1246088341_thumb.jpg

post-1307-1246088358_thumb.jpg