Sign in to follow this  
troy

archery arm guard - sizes?

Thought I'd try my first arm guard to match a quiver I'm making but can't find any info on the sizes of such things - can any body help out?

My experience so far is to say it depends on what style you want....you can make one to wrap around your whole arm or only protect your inner forearm....

My friend prefers the full arm armour with atight latigo lace when he wears it.

I prefer a small angled piece that only covers inside of my forearm utilizing a stratchy 1/8 inch cord.

Ultimately I have found if i allow myself to stray from uniforming my style to someone elses ultimately the shape of the thing is irrellevant as long as it is functional....

i will also add that the small ones look "skimpy" until it has a finish braid added to the edges......

I like using earth tones and celtic knots....

I use a nice leather arm guard that wraps about 3/4 around my wrist and forearm. I am not sure what the eyes are called but they are like hooks that come on work boots. One size fits all and fast to lace onto arm.

I use a nice leather arm guard that wraps about 3/4 around my wrist and forearm. I am not sure what the eyes are called but they are like hooks that come on work boots. One size fits all and fast to lace onto arm.

I know the hooks your on about and I have never been able to find a supplier - where do you get them from? - at the moment I am using something similar from a boat shop, looks similar but twice the size.

Cheers for all the advise - it is sort of a narnia quiver I am making so have gone with a arm guard pattern from the film as well.

I know the hooks your on about and I have never been able to find a supplier - where do you get them from? - at the moment I am using something similar from a boat shop, looks similar but twice the size.

Cheers for all the advise - it is sort of a narnia quiver I am making so have gone with a arm guard pattern from the film as well.

Something like these?

http://www.ohiotravelbag.com/Graphic...ges/page15.htm

[edit] Ah, I hadn't noticed you're in Scotland. Maybe this link will be more useful:

http://www.venacavadesign.co.uk/Products/Lacing_Loops.html

Anyway, google around for boot hooks, lacing loops, speed lacers and so on.

Edited by Twilightbanana

http://www.eleatherworks.com/home.php?cat=687

This is where I get my lacing hooks from. They have a few to choose from and if you look the have a Tubular Rivet Preening Tool for them as well.

As far as size goes Mine are 9" long 8" wide at the forearm and 5" wide at the wrist. I then round the corners.

leather.jpg

post-10031-1240406581_thumb.jpg

http://www.eleatherworks.com/home.php?cat=687

This is where I get my lacing hooks from. They have a few to choose from and if you look the have a Tubular Rivet Preening Tool for them as well.

As far as size goes Mine are 9" long 8" wide at the forearm and 5" wide at the wrist. I then round the corners.

leather.jpg

Wild is this a burgundy latigo or is this dyed veg tan?

Wild is this a burgundy latigo or is this dyed veg tan?

Its a dyed veg tan with eco-flo black gel antique