Sign in to follow this  
Tkleather1

Magazines?

Hey I dont know if this is the correct place to post this or not but I will try it here first. Are there any other magazine type publications to subscribe to? I have heard of one called shop talk maybe? any how I like the LCSJ but I would be interested in more if there are any. I am always looking to learn and there have been a few of the LCSJ that didnt have much that I was interested in but overall I find at least one little tidbit in all of them.

So if anyone has any ideas of where to look I sure would be interested.

Yes, there is Shop Talk. But another route to go is to look for past issues of magazines, depending upon your interests.

If you're interested, for example, in dyeing/coloring techniques, older issues generally won't help, since ingredients and formulas change. If you're looking for patterns, however, or stimulating ideas, past issues are a great source. before there was the LCSJ there was "Make It With Leather" and "The Craftsman" (I believe that was its name). Magzines go back to the 1960s (if not earlier).

Depending upon your language skills, you can look at foreign language magazines. Japanese, for example. They are always good for illustrations and photos.

Likewise, check out the various guilds. A lot of them have monthly newsletters with all types of information and again, patterns.

Lots of folks collect and some sell past issues of magazines. Post a "Wanted" notice on-line if you want to follow-up for magazines.

Good hunting.

Harvey

Los Angeles

how do I find a copy of this "shop talk" or how do I subscribe or even find the elusive magazine?

Thanks a bunch