Rayban

Gun holster shoulder harness

My buddy wants me to make him a shoulder harness type holster in leather, but we talked about the harness itself being made of webbing or thick elastic to conform to the body better...better than I could with leather.

Is it possible to buy the harness itself? know a source?

Thanks,

R

Who was that masked man???

Anyone recognize this fella??? I'm pretty sure he posted these pix here.....he looks like he has exactly what I'm looking for.

P1010003.jpg

P1010001.jpg

Who was that masked man???

Anyone recognize this fella??? I'm pretty sure he posted these pix here.....he looks like he has exactly what I'm looking for.

Rayban,

The elastic bands and the clips can usually be found in any fabric store (type Joanns) This should be fairly easy to make yourself:-)

Edited by Tina

Rayban,

The elastic bands and the clips can usually be found in any fabric store (type Joanns) This should be fairly easy to make yourself:-)

Thanks Tina....the more I look at them, the more I think I'll end up doing them myself....

The man in the photo is a retired friend of mine. The holster was made by me as a prototype, tested, modified, and I now have them in production for revolvers and autos (one size harness fits from size 36 to size 56 men's jacket sizes).

The project originated with a customer unable to wear a belt due to an old back injury. I used the alligator-style suspender clips to anchor to the trouser waistline so no belt is required.

The shoulder pad is suede leather to support the weight nicely over the left shoulder. The strap drops to the holster are nylon webbing. The support strap over the off-side shoulder is 1.5" elastic. Very comfortable to wear.

If you need elastic, webbing, hardware, etc., let me know. I have plenty on hand and will send you some. I purchase in bulk, which results in far better prices than any small quantity you might find for a single project.

Happy to help you out if I can.

The man in the photo is a retired friend of mine. The holster was made by me as a prototype, tested, modified, and I now have them in production for revolvers and autos (one size harness fits from size 36 to size 56 men's jacket sizes).

The project originated with a customer unable to wear a belt due to an old back injury. I used the alligator-style suspender clips to anchor to the trouser waistline so no belt is required.

The shoulder pad is suede leather to support the weight nicely over the left shoulder. The strap drops to the holster are nylon webbing. The support strap over the off-side shoulder is 1.5" elastic. Very comfortable to wear.

If you need elastic, webbing, hardware, etc., let me know. I have plenty on hand and will send you some. I purchase in bulk, which results in far better prices than any small quantity you might find for a single project.

Happy to help you out if I can.

Thanks Lobo....PM on the way....

Lobo...a couple of questions on the shoulder holster configuration. Does the webbing in the back form an "X" and go from left shoulder to right midsection and vice-versa on the other side? Is the suede padding on the top part of the "X" configuration?

The firearm appears to be a baby Glock or some derivative thereof, I do not see a strap over the reciever. Was the holster molded to be a press fit for retention?

Thanks

Dennis

Michigan

Lobo...a couple of questions on the shoulder holster configuration. Does the webbing in the back form an "X" and go from left shoulder to right midsection and vice-versa on the other side? Is the suede padding on the top part of the "X" configuration?

The firearm appears to be a baby Glock or some derivative thereof, I do not see a strap over the reciever. Was the holster molded to be a press fit for retention?

Thanks

Dennis

Michigan

Dennis: The harness features a suede leather pad in a "Y" configuration directly over the carry-side shoulder. Straps down to the holster are (as nearly as possible) in a straight-down line, which supports the weight with less tendency to pull horizontally as the X-style harnesses do. The third leg of the "Y" is where the 1.5" elastic strap is sewn in, which extends behind the neck and over the off-side shoulder, then down to the belt-line.

The holster itself is a cased and boned holster with thumb-break retention. In the production models I have eliminated the strap from holster bottom to belt-line, finding that it really isn't needed.

The handgun shown is a Kahr P40 (polymer frame, stainless upper, .40 S&W caliber), a fine little piece that weighs only 16.1 oz. empty, is very accurate and easy to shoot well.

The holster pictured was a prototype; this design has been revised and tested by several experienced people, and revised again. It is now in production in the final version and is selling quite nicely.

Calling Lobo....come in Lobo.....

I just now have the gun that I will make this shoulder holster for, utilizing the material you sent me.

Any chance of some more pictures, of the back, both sides, etc. In other words, picture instructions.

Thanks!

RG

Calling Lobo....come in Lobo.....

I just now have the gun that I will make this shoulder holster for, utilizing the material you sent me.

Any chance of some more pictures, of the back, both sides, etc. In other words, picture instructions.

Thanks!

RG

PM with additional photos sent.

And here, folks, is a great example of one of LW's mission statements: Fellowship.

While we all have our little differences, and our differing views on how things should be done (and I include myself in this) it's wonderful thing to see members helping each other out like this. Though it isn't a typical master/apprentice relationship, I've found the folks here to be incredibly friendly and helpful when questions are asked. This thread could have very easily ended with "Hey, that's my design, and you can't use it." Instead, Lobo has graciously given advice and pics of a product that he sells.

My hat's off to you, Lobo, you set a fine example.