Sign in to follow this  
JohnBarton

A different type of leather cue case

These cases were done by one of the factories that I deal with under my direction and design. They are derivatives of a style made famous in the billiard world by a man named Bob Hemphil who called his cases Fellini Cases. They have spawned several similar brands, including Ann Gore (who worked for Fellini), Centennial, Kelli, It's George, Ron Thomas and Engles cases. I was asked two years ago to see what I could do in this style and this is what we did. www.gtfcases.com

I am working on a new way to do the ends today which is why I am showing off the cases.

Right now we are the only ones who do this type of work on their cases, meaning gluing the ends up over the form this way. Most of the time these folds are hidden and tucked under such as on furniture upholstery. Other than similar brand cue cases, I have not seen any other small leather goods done this way, have any of you seen similar work?

It's a real pain in the butt to get the ends to lay down just right so that it gives and almost seamless appearance.

It takes about an one hour per end or longer depending on the leather to finish the ends.

P1070414.JPG

P1070411.JPG

PICT4032.JPGGTF-Example.jpg

P1060693.JPGP1060884.JPG

The leather is glued to the body and a seam is cut in the back. When done right it looks seamless. Technically the steps to make this case are fairly easy. In truth it is one of the hardest cases we make to get right because the end result has to be sleek and practically flawless.

Just thought you all might like to see something a little different in the world of cue case making.

We did a pretty nice one with a carved dragon going all the way around it. I can't find the photos right now but as soon as I do I will update this thread with them. Pretty soon we will be doing a lot of this with some neat stamping and carving patterns.

It'd be a whole lot simpler if you just ask for cow leg leather.....rolled, not split

Very nice John I love the clean look of these ones, would love to see the dragon one if you can find the pic.

Cheers,

Clair

Very nice John I love the clean look of these ones, would love to see the dragon one if you can find the pic.

Cheers,

Clair

Here you go: http://www.jbcases.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=353

I love that style of case. My favorites are the dragon and those smooth black ones. I bought a Engles a while back and really like the small size, just tuck it under the arm and go.

I love that style of case. My favorites are the dragon and those smooth black ones. I bought a Engles a while back and really like the small size, just tuck it under the arm and go.

Yeah I think that the black 1x2 is the pool player's equivalent of the woman's little black dress. I love going to poolrooms with that case.

I have GTF #1 and it's a black nappa 1x2 - it has been on several trips with me around the world.