UKRay

Stitching patches on leather motorcycle jackets

Welcome to the LW Forum, idahopatchlady.

Are you setting up a “mobile shop” to follow the rally events? Or a brick and mortar shop at one site? What machines are you planning to use for sewing on patches?

My wife and I sew embroidered patches on garments at our B&M shop in SW Oklahoma, but have never taken our service mobile. We use a Consew 225 and a Singer 29K70 for the bulk of our patch sewing.

We’ve had patches sewn onto our motorcycle vests at a variety of rally sites, but only as customers. The machines that they each used were as varied as the rally sites themselves.

CD in Oklahoma

I am setting up a stone and mortar shop. I worked with a local sewing repair to get a good machine with in house service. People are already asking about repairs and I am new at that part. I have gotten a lot of confidence about my ability just from reading through these posts. The machine I bought is a TYPICAL, 18 inch, walking foot, self oil. I will tell you more after I get the shop open. Machine arrives on the 15th, I open May 1st.

I know this an older post, but I would really appreciate any advice people can give me about sewing patches over pockets. I'm using a Consew 226R and I'm trying to avoid sewing a patch through an inner and outer pocket that's layered over each other. Please help lol