Sign in to follow this  
BradB

Mercury M-111

Well my wife bouthgt 2 sewing machines for $100 each. one was the Consew 817 (which is a hemmer) and the other is Mercury M-111.

I am most interested in the M-111 but can not find any information on that model, but it is an industrial machine.

Does anyone know where I maybe able to find information on the Mercury M-111?

Hello:

The trademark of "Mercury" was owned by a parent compnay named WMC Corporation. The bad news is, the went out of business about 8 years ago or so.

However, the machine you have is most like a walking foot machine based on the old Singer 111 design. You can look up on the internet what this machine looks like.

If it does not look very similar to the Singer, then look up a photo of the Tacsew T-111. This machine is a modern day knockoff of the old Singer 111.

Parts are still available for both machines. They are quite common.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Kindest Regards,

Ryan O. Neel

Neel's Saddlery and Harness

Cowboy Sewing Machines

(330) 692-1418

Thanks Ryan! After poking around and looking at pictures of other machines that is what I was thinking as well. There is another company called sailrite that makes a singer 111 knock off that looks similar and has a video, I am hoping the Merc does as well. If it does then we got an awesome deal!

The sailrite looks like a good deal at 699.00

Here is the page with the video:

sailrite 111

At the least I have to good industrial sewing tables! :-)

Hello:

The trademark of "Mercury" was owned by a parent compnay named WMC Corporation. The bad news is, the went out of business about 8 years ago or so.

However, the machine you have is most like a walking foot machine based on the old Singer 111 design. You can look up on the internet what this machine looks like.

If it does not look very similar to the Singer, then look up a photo of the Tacsew T-111. This machine is a modern day knockoff of the old Singer 111.

Parts are still available for both machines. They are quite common.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Kindest Regards,

Ryan O. Neel

Neel's Saddlery and Harness

Cowboy Sewing Machines

(330) 692-1418

Brad,

If you get the Sailrite or similar clone for leather, you will definately need their Monster Wheel for leather. I have the Consew clone with the monster wheel and it is satisfactory starter machine (with correct needles and feet).

Regis

Brad,

If you get the Sailrite or similar clone for leather, you will definately need their Monster Wheel for leather. I have the Consew clone with the monster wheel and it is satisfactory starter machine (with correct needles and feet).

Regis

Hmm I wonder if they have one for the mercury M111, thanks for the tip! FYI.. I know nothing about sewing machines if you had not guessed... lol