Hi Monica,

I'm not familiar with all the blue gun models, but is that not able to be had at the places that sell police and tactical stuff...It's where we bought ours.

Kevin

Hi Monica,

I'm not familiar with all the blue gun models, but is that not able to be had at the places that sell police and tactical stuff...It's where we bought ours.

Kevin

I didn't see then in Ring's online catalog or in several of the online stores I have bookmarked. Not sure when or if Ring's plans to put them out. I suppose I could give them a call in the morning and inquire.

I suppose I could buy the real thing and write off lol

Maybe I need to get my FFL paperwork in sooner than I anticipated.

I used Duncan's for mine this time.

I heard through the grape vine that Rings will have them soon, but I haven't asked Rings yet, so that could be a rumor. When you talk to him, maybe you could ask for an updated list of models? I know they have more models than they advertise.

I just sent an email and received a reply. Here is the pertinent part:

At the current time we do not have the XDM, but it is in the works.

I will add you to our inquiry list and as soon as it becomes available, we will contact you.

So Duncan's has one already available?

Yes, Duncan had some available a few months ago. I've had mine for 3-4 months, if I recall correctly.

Hopefully Ring's will get off their tail and tool up for it soon. I do quite a few XDM holsters.

Duncan's had them in stock as of the 11th. They require a little bit of clean up but you don't really have a lot of choices here.

I don't know that the batch that I got mine from is the same as the ones they have now, but mine is in spec.

Hi Monica,

Kevin

I have some real bad experiences purchasing Blue Guns from police equiptment suppliers. Most of the suppliers don't stock anywhere near a complete line of availlable Blue Guns. After you place an order, the supplier orders through Rings Blue Guns. A 2 week delivery promise turns into several months. ie. I ordered a Blue Gun from a well known police supplier, The nice lady promised me shipping within 2 weeks. Two months go by and no Blue Gun. A month later, instead of the Blue Gun I ordered, they send me out a dummy magazine instead. By now I'm ready to choke someone. The nice lady promises 3-4 more weeks. I cancel the order and give John Ring at Rings Bllue Guns a call. I pitch a royal bitch to John who assures me he has the model in stock. Less then a week later, I have it.

I encourage everyone to pay the extra $10.00 and order directly from John Ring, but first make sure the model is in stock because the manufactor doesn't always keep every model in stock.

Randy

I've also ordered directly from Rings. I ordered a couple with out the blue paint top coat. I had them in hand in less than 2 weeks. I'm ordering directly through them for now on.

I did it because of a bad experience waiting for guns from an online copstore. I had even called them in advance to verify stock before placing the order.

Unfortunately the reply to my email today seemed to be the standard cut & paste reply. It mentioned I only needed to pay $750 to get started. :rolleyes2:

While wanting to reply in order to get past the form letter response, I didn't have the strength to do it. Maybe another time.

Still need the XDM though

Try:

www.duncansoutdoor.com

They have a variety of alum cast gun replicas that tactical people utilize for weapon retention training and some people utilize for holsters. Good selection of firearms and the ones I have are better for molding leather than the blue guns I have. In other words, if I have a choice between the two, I use a Duncan.

Unfortunately the reply to my email today seemed to be the standard cut & paste reply. It mentioned I only needed to pay $750 to get started. :rolleyes2:

While wanting to reply in order to get past the form letter response, I didn't have the strength to do it. Maybe another time.

Still need the XDM though

Monica,

Here''s the phone number for Rings Blue Guns. Call direct and talk to John Ring 321-951-0017

There's a nice older genteman who sometimes answers the phone. He screwed up my address on one of my orders so it's better to talk to John Ring directly. It's also a good idea to make sure the model is in stock or risk the wait. John's a nice guy to deal with. If theres any problems, you an tell him not "mess with Texas Woman."

Good Luck,

Randy

Edited by Randyc

Try:

www.duncansoutdoor.com

They have a variety of alum cast gun replicas that tactical people utilize for weapon retention training and some people utilize for holsters. Good selection of firearms and the ones I have are better for molding leather than the blue guns I have. In other words, if I have a choice between the two, I use a Duncan.

Bill,

I was wondering if the current Duncan mold guns are finished well, or do they need cleanup before using?

Randy