Here's the first set of suspenders I've ever built. Made 'em for my Dad for Father's Day. Let me know what you think.

cowboy_suspenders_4.jpg

cowboy_suspenders2.jpg

cowboy_suspenders_3.jpg

post-7660-1245252440_thumb.jpg

post-7660-1245252503_thumb.jpg

post-7660-1245252529_thumb.jpg

The best thing about this forum is realizing how many cool things you can make! These are really cool. The arrow basket weave and ranger buckle sets really set them off.

Thanks AZ. I'd been studying these kind of suspenders for a while on this board and on some ol' fellers at church. I figured I had a good enough mental picture of them to give it a whirl. They didn't turn out too bad. I do think the next pair will be constructed a tad differently, but nonetheless, these will work.

WOW....themz nice!! I would wear em even tho I don't need em.....yet...

So is there enough give in the small piece of elastic to be comforatable? Out of curiosity, what changes will you make on the next set?

Thanks Ray.

AZ.....I think there's enough give in the elastic. I sure hope so. Mom was measuring an old "regular" pair for me over the phone. As for construction changes, I'd made the mid-back piece smaller. That would allow for more elastic and just look neater I think. I'd probably also taper the straps so the mid-back piece wouldn't have to be as wide. I dunno. Like everything else I do, I jury rig things along the way. The next pair might turn out completely different.....LOL.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.

Nice design, and very nice job on the tooling. One thing I'm concerned about though.....If the single clip is to hook on the rear belt loop, wouldn't that place the clip in a particularly painfull spot when the wearer sits or reclines?

That's a very good question TwinOaks....one I hadn't thought about. I'd seen several pair of suspenders built just like this using scissor snaps as hooks. I never even considered your point. I guess Dad will just have to stand up all the time........LOL