Sign in to follow this  
Shorts

USPS Click 'n Ship

Anyone use it?

I'm poking around the site now. I'm currently working out my new method of shipping (new location brings changes!)

It looks simple enough, easy really. I'm tempted.

I use it every day. Payment for the shipping is tied to a debit card or credit card. Only real annoyance is you have to be spot on with the delivery address - spelling, number, zip - or it won't accept it and won't give you any real options to figure out what might be incorrect, save looking up a zip code. Nine times out of ten, it's the street number or street name that needs correcting. Other than that, it's an easy system to use and convenient. You can ship international through it as well.

What do you think of the' Shipping Assistant' feature? I like the practical part about printing only one side of an adhesive 8x11 sheet.

Edited by Shorts

It is how I shipped your alphabet. Had it been a big package, I could have ordered the flat rate boxes off of their site, had them delivered to my home and click and ship. The plus is that they would come and pick it up off my porch.

I use it all the time. You can print out a sheet with ALL your packages for that day, and the postal employee just scans that ONE time, and gets the info on everything! Pretty cool and a real time saver. Some addresses it won't accept which is annoying because you have to do them by hand. However if you had to do them ALL by hand that would be terrible. Saves you money too - you get

Delivery Confirmation for free when you use the on-line services. If you ship a lot, it can be a pretty significant amount. I would recommend it.

I use it everyday also. I really like the feature that allows you to have your postal carrier pick up your shipment.

Alright! I sent my first box using Click 'n Ship. Not without its initial inconveniences though, but nothing terrible. Just had to run to the store to get self-adhesives labels. Came back, printed it out in 2 minutes and I drove this box to the PO. I wanted to confirm my scale was close and ask a couple questions about door pick up.

Looks to be a go! I'm just going to poke around for a good deal on labels. Office Max was higher than the Post Office site .

Thanks for the input :thumbsup:

The nice thing too is you get it cheaper online too. Plus if you have a business paypal account, you can sign up for 10% back on your purchases. Link you PP business debit card to click and ship and you can save even more money.

The nice thing too is you get it cheaper online too. Plus if you have a business paypal account, you can sign up for 10% back on your purchases. Link you PP business debit card to click and ship and you can save even more money.

I did not know that about the link to PayPal.

But I do have concern about being fully supported them. While I've never experienced a problem with PayPal either for personal use or business, I am leery of their policies and philosophies towards certain types of businesses.

I'm not quite sure what I want to do about it. While I know the answer, I'm not 100% ready to take the step, I don't think, but I'd like to...etc :crazy:

I did not know that about the link to PayPal.

But I do have concern about being fully supported them. While I've never experienced a problem with PayPal either for personal use or business, I am leery of their policies and philosophies towards certain types of businesses.

I'm not quite sure what I want to do about it. While I know the answer, I'm not 100% ready to take the step, I don't think, but I'd like to...etc crazy.gif

Found out that if you hit the print shipping label button and use the PayPal connections to print your shipping label there is a 2 dollar fee added to your PayPal account!

Found out that if you hit the print shipping label button and use the PayPal connections to print your shipping label there is a 2 dollar fee added to your PayPal account!

I inquired about the fee and was told there is no fee. Ha, there was one on my account. they said there shouldn't have been one, but it's still there. I was told by Paypal that there is no charge assessed to your account for using the pirnt label option. Tried it twice since then and kept getting errors in the shipping address that I typed in and there was no real option to edit the address so that it would satisfy the label printing software, so gave up on that. I just write the address on the box and stand in line at the post office. Fortunately my post office is only about 5 blocks away and in the morning there's usually not much of or not any line.

I not sure what fee you all are talking about, but I don't ship through paypal at all. I only use click and ship. I pay for my labels with a paypal debit card, and I get money back, I don't get charged any fees.

I not sure what fee you all are talking about, but I don't ship through paypal at all. I only use click and ship. I pay for my labels with a paypal debit card, and I get money back, I don't get charged any fees.

There is no fee for using Paypal shipping.

I have noticed that it is cheaper to use Paypal shipping for small items. Not sure if I'm doing something incorrect on the USPS site but I can send a $2 bubble envelope from Paypal the same same is $4.80 on USPS.

What I don't like about Paypal shipping is the labels are smaller than USPS and I end up wasting adhesive labels. I would guess that's just a matter of the print options and using a certain type of label but I haven't messed around with it to figure it out. I also don't like Paypal advertisements all over the label.

Edited by Shorts