Sign in to follow this  
WaG35

Chandler 305-64

Could someone tell me what a Chandler 305-64 would do. I have a chance to go look at one but would rather not waste my time if it is not capable of what I want to do. Also what be a fair price range. I haven't even seen the machine, so I have no idea what kind of shape it is in, but he says he is open to offers. I did a search here and on google and couldn't come up with much, so I thought I would give it a shot here. Thanks- Tony

Could someone tell me what a Chandler 305-64 would do. I have a chance to go look at one but would rather not waste my time if it is not capable of what I want to do. Also what be a fair price range. I haven't even seen the machine, so I have no idea what kind of shape it is in, but he says he is open to offers. I did a search here and on google and couldn't come up with much, so I thought I would give it a shot here. Thanks- Tony

I've never heared of that machine at all. However, it may be a rebadged Adler 205-64, but that's only a guess.

I would be very interested to learn more of this myself!

Steve

If I am not mistaken, it is exactly that, a rebadged Adler 205-64. (or at the very least a rebadged Adler 105-64) I think Chandler bought the machines from Adler, and then had them relabeled. This machine should be good for sewing 1/2"-3/4" thick leather. Most likely is a compound feed machine, or at the very least a needle feed machine.

They are a copy of the Adler 105-64 needle feed, made in Japan & will sew just under 1/2"

Bob Kovar

Thanks, That is exactly what I needed. So if I could get it for a decent price would it be worth it for sewing holsters? And is it going to be a pain to find parts if I need them?

Thanks, That is exactly what I needed. So if I could get it for a decent price would it be worth it for sewing holsters? And is it going to be a pain to find parts if I need them?

I would have thought it ideal for sewing holsters. If it's indeed a copy or rebadged Adler 105-64, parts shouldn't be a problem.

Steve

That's what I am hoping. I still haven't seen it or have any idea what he would take for it though.