Sign in to follow this  
yan

introduction

since it is the normal (or at least polite) ways to start posting on a forum,

Hello, I am a beginer in the field of leatherworking.

My main language is french so please forgive any gramatical error.

I am a "jack-of-all-trade" of medieval culture. I do a little bit of blacksmithing, sewing, woodworking, etc

I am not a artist, my work is fonctionnal.

Until recently, punching hole with a ice pick (or event a electric drill) and hammering rivet was for me the normal ways to work leather.

I joint this forum to learn new (and more correct) technique, get new idea and information

Welcome, there is not anything wrong with using old methods, in a lot of cases the new tools just make it easier to mess things up. You will find volumes of great information here and a bunch of wonderful people most of whom are more than willing to share what they know. And photos speak a thousand words so don't worry about your spelling or grammar.

Bonjour and welcome to the forum. Sit back and enjoy yourself. We have a few other members from France. Hopefully, they will introduce themselves.

Hi Yan,

I'm a medievalist myself, so I expect it will be interesting to share thoughts and ideas with you.

I have seen people from around the globe on this forum so I wouldnt worry about language differences. I'm also sure anyone would be happy to explain any regional lingo they happen to use.

Are you French, French Canadian, or some other breed of french speaker?

I look forward to hearing and seeing more from you.

I am from Montreal (so french Canadian).

Hello Yan,

I also make Medieval things and sell them at Medieval themed events. It's always exciting to find another enthusiast. You'll find a wide world opened up to you on this forum. Also, if you're interested, you can see the kinds of things I make at http://leatherhelms.com.

Welcome, Daggrim