I just finished tooling a celtic pattern on a wallet . I was wondering if I could paint the celtic weave with a Eco Flo cova color paint and then still dye it with a tan gel antique? Is this ok to do? If not how would I go about doing this the right way?

Dustin - I have done that a few times. If you want to maintain the original Cova colors be sure to put a resist over them first.

I did use one coat of tan-kote over the painted parts, but didn't get the antique removed quick enough... the petals where white. I think it ended up a happy accident with the yellow.

Sadie_Album3.jpg

Crystal

post-6163-1248917855_thumb.jpg

Dustin,

I did that on this small notebook. I had painted the flowers white, then thought the white was too harsh. So I put some resist over them and then some antique. I like the way it came out.

Milli

Pictures_2005_005.jpg

post-9860-1248921741_thumb.jpg

Edited by Milli

Dustin - I have done that a few times. If you want to maintain the original Cova colors be sure to put a resist over them first.

I did use one coat of tan-kote over the painted parts, but didn't get the antique removed quick enough... the petals where white. I think it ended up a happy accident with the yellow.

Sadie_Album3.jpg

Crystal

Thanks for the help Crystal. Your work is awesome, I wish mine would come out this nice.

Dustin,

I did that on this small notebook. I had painted the flowers white, then thought the white was too harsh. So I put some resist over them and then some antique. I like the way it came out.

Milli

I agree Milli, it came out very nice.