Sign in to follow this  
rickybobby

Gomph Tools

I just wanted to let other leather crafters know about the great experience I had dealing with Lonnie at Gomph Leather Tools. I dropped my large basket weave tool and it hit the pavement on one ear, bounced and hit the other side ear as well! Both were badly damaged. I packaged it up and sent it to Lonnie for repair and in 2 days I had a new Basket Stamp in my mailbox!

This kind of customer service is hard to find these days. Lonnie is carrying on the business practices that Ellis started many years ago. I have a set from Gomph and will be buying more to replace others from them as I “update” my tools to the higher quality clear impressions that Gomph is known for.

I was so lucky to get to meet Ellis about ten years ago at a Leather Show in Riverside Ca. He had the ability to make you feel comfortable standing at his table, he would spent time with each customer, do a demo of a tool, teach you something, ask if you had questions and made you feel welcome at his table. I know that my work is just a little better because of the quality of his tools. He was a very positive influence in the Leather World. :cheers:

Rick Jorgenson