Im starting to get alot of requests for Tac light holsters.

Anyone know of a supplier for dummys or any other Ideas besides buying one of each...not totally against that but unfortunately the ol pocket book wont allow for that option :P

Thanks

Eric

Eric: I have also been receiving such requests, including requests for double pouches with one magazine pouch and a pouch for the light. The "Sure Fire" brand seems to be popular.

So far, I have been able to find specifications for the tactical lights on manufacturers' websites. Diameters of barrel and bezel, overall lengths, etc. are usually shown. With that information I can simply use dowels of matching diameter for forming the pouch to a snug sliding fit.

Some of the tactical lights have push-button switches located in the butt end, which requires that your pouch design protects that area from inadvertant pressures.

Weapon mounted, or hand held?

Mostly hand held. But a few mounted. I dont think Ill get into the mounted stuff unless I get a bunch of requests for the same one. I was mostly looking for the hand held stuff.

Eric: I have also been receiving such requests, including requests for double pouches with one magazine pouch and a pouch for the light. The "Sure Fire" brand seems to be popular.

So far, I have been able to find specifications for the tactical lights on manufacturers' websites. Diameters of barrel and bezel, overall lengths, etc. are usually shown. With that information I can simply use dowels of matching diameter for forming the pouch to a snug sliding fit.

Some of the tactical lights have push-button switches located in the butt end, which requires that your pouch design protects that area from inadvertant pressures.

Thank you Lobo I was wondering about just using dowels like you are. Thanks so much.

Eric

A lot of the companies will give you broken models for dummies if you contact them and tell them what you are using them for. You may have to give them a tax number to show that you're legit, but that's not a big deal. You can also use wooden dowels or pipes the right circumference, but a lot of the more popular flashlights being used now days aren't just straight tubes, or they have non-removable belt clips that have to be shaped into the holder, so dowels or pipes won't work really well.

A lot of the companies will give you broken models for dummies if you contact them and tell them what you are using them for. You may have to give them a tax number to show that you're legit, but that's not a big deal. You can also use wooden dowels or pipes the right circumference, but a lot of the more popular flashlights being used now days aren't just straight tubes, or they have non-removable belt clips that have to be shaped into the holder, so dowels or pipes won't work really well.

Wow great advice as always thank you Jeff Ill give that a shot my friend!

Eric

For you tac light aficionados... I recently got a new handheld that is absolutely awesome... the Olight Triton M-30 700 lumen tactical strobe. I have an Olight T-20 which is outstanding but this thing is the cat's meow of small tactical lights/torches. I know of nothing this small with the kind of power and sophistication of this torch... and it strobes on command instantly unlike most of its competitors.

When something goes bump in the night in our house, BG's can initially expect to be greeted by this utterly blinding strobe with more bad news to follow!!

Here is a link to the details

http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-m30-triton.html

:head_hurts_kr::head_hurts_kr::head_hurts_kr:

Edited by Bree