Sign in to follow this  
mjs

not getting replys

I'm a new member and I recently made my 1st posting in the saddle gallery. Right now I have had over 100 views and not a single reply to my asking for critiques. The only reasons I can think of for this would be my sorry looking saddle and people not wanting to hurt my feelings, or I did something wrong when I posted it. If it was in my posting, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what it could be and how I could fix it. Thanks, Mike

Well Mike, I myself know nothing about saddles, so I'll always look at the saddle posts, but rarely comment, because I really can't offer anything other than "that looks nice", which, by the way, your saddle does. Don't let the lack of feedback deter you from posting, I think alot of us just look and move on.

I'm a new member and I recently made my 1st posting in the saddle gallery. Right now I have had over 100 views and not a single reply to my asking for critiques. The only reasons I can think of for this would be my sorry looking saddle and people not wanting to hurt my feelings, or I did something wrong when I posted it. If it was in my posting, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas of what it could be and how I could fix it. Thanks, Mike

don"t take it personally this forum has members all over the world! many look and learn and don't necessarily participate by responding then there are those who are fully embedded here have loads of talent as well as input. give it time and or try again also some will get more involved the longer you hang out and they get to know you.

good luck and welcome,

Yes, I did get a reply after posting this, I guess I thought there was a problem because most of the posts had 3 or 4 comments after that many views. Mike

Hey, Mike - had you thought they might all have been in awe of your work?

Seriously, a nice looking job, and one to be proud of. Having said that, I'm not a regular contributor to the saddle end of this forum as I'm not knowledgable enough to know what is good and what is not - but I take a look around an a daily basis to see what can be learned. In fact, wasting huge amounts of time looking at beautiful tooled and carved saddles is one of my biggest weaknesses... LOL

Ray

Hi Mike. I'll chime in here and say that your saddle looks good to me, but I'm not a saddle person. Heck, I'm lucky I can tell one end of a horse from the other end!

One thing I have noticed is that since the "major upgrade" to Leatherworker.net, there have been fewer replies to a lot of posts, and more posts that get no replies at all. I don't know why, it's just something that I've noticed, so don't feel bad, you are not alone.

.........i have I E 8..AND ALL THE UPGRADES, i am not changing to anything else. the new fourm moves slow for me, even tho i do have fast acess D S L . so a lot of times i will not post any comments.

no one is shunning you.............