Sign in to follow this  
JohnBarton

Trophy Case

GTF Trophy Case - Sheridan Carved -

This is a case we did that was done to pay tribute to the trophy saddles that the greats like Don King, Chester Hape, and other famous saddle makers have made.

F.JPG

SIDE.JPG

B.JPG

TOP.JPG

BOTTOM.JPG

Another great case man!!!! Love the calligraphy on the bottom. How did you put this one together? Looks like no sewing at all. Very clean!

Another great case man!!!! Love the calligraphy on the bottom. How did you put this one together? Looks like no sewing at all. Very clean!

This type of case is made with nested tubes so the cap just slips on. I cover the protruding tube with foam backed fabric to give it a nice pressure fit.

The leather is just glued onto the body and the seam is worked so that it lays down nice and flat. The end caps are made of laminated pieces of leather that we cut to fit using a wood router with a cornering flush bit on it. Then we edge finish the caps.

The writing on the bottom is the signature of the tooler Lee, Zhen Hai. I generally ask the toolers to sign their work on the special pieces like this one.

While my primary reason is to simply give credit to the person doing the artistic decoration my other reason and hope is that in the future if people ever start collecting our work then they will be able to identify the work of the various toolers we have employed.

That is really great looking, love the simple design of the case and be sure to give cudos to the tooler for us he did a great job.