sideshowelvis

need a chopper style solo bag for left side patterns

i need to make one for my bike but cant figure out a pattern

can anybody help me?? thanks

It is a very easy pattern to make - sorry, I don't give my own patterns out, but I can tell you how to make one. I did a little tutorial on making a bag for a rigid - give me a couple of days, and I'll draw up some diagrams for you on how to make your pattern.

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2161&view=&hl=saddlebag&fromsearch=1

This one had a single strap rather than the regular two strap style, but it's the same type of bag.

Edited by Ian

I just did one of these for my bike, the pattern was rather simple. All I did is measure the distance between the swing arms at the front and at the back, then I added the additional height I wanted it, for me this was a 15" front, 12" back over an 11" length. I drew out the rectangles and then rounded the corners, for the back I just added additional for the flap. For determining the width of the gussets I looked at how far out my passenger peg went along with the front floorbard and subtracted 1" for that, I added additional length to the gusset to act as weather stripping and laced it together after tooling. It really is a pretty basic pattern.

If you want some design ideas you can check out www.garageleathers.com

Edited by jdwintx

I just did one of these for my bike, the pattern was rather simple. All I did is measure the distance between the swing arms at the front and at the back, then I added the additional height I wanted it, for me this was a 15" front, 12" back over an 11" length. I drew out the rectangles and then rounded the corners, for the back I just added additional for the flap. For determining the width of the gussets I looked at how far out my passenger peg went along with the front floorbard and subtracted 1" for that, I added additional length to the gusset to act as weather stripping and laced it together after tooling. It really is a pretty basic pattern.

If you want some design ideas you can check out www.garageleathers.com

thanks man

i need to make one for my bike but cant figure out a pattern

can anybody help me?? thanks

did you look at my post in members gallery entitled 'Greetings from Manchester' is that what you'r looking for?