Sign in to follow this  
Colter

Bible cover For a Friend.

Just Finished tonight, I made a Cover for a friend's Bible for His Birthday. I got it right the first try which makes me extremely happy. The floral work is from a billfold pattern in a Tandy Kit, Moved around a bit and a few changes made to my liking. The only Problems i had was that the O Came to close to the W in the name, which was fixed slightly with the pear shader, and then that the Binding strap brightened up after everything was set, but i'm not bothered that much by it. The rest was basketweaved and bordered, then Stained with Eco-flo Fudge Brown All-in-one, and Sealed with a coat of Fiebing's Saddle Lac. The Cover was hand-sewn, using 6-7 Oz. leather for the backing and then 3-4 Oz. for the interior. Any Critique/Advice is Appreciated. The Camera was having problems tonight so The picture isn't Great. Having Complications posting pictures, Trying to Upload more at the time.

024.JPG

post-12072-1257837224_thumb.jpg

Since It's letting me post any other image but the two i wanted to, I'll Link the interior of the cover from my Deviantart page..

http://thalaskaru.deviantart.com/art/Bible-Cover-One-Img-Two-143119411

http://thalaskaru.deviantart.com/art/Bible-Cover-One-Img-three-143119564

Edited by Thalaskaru