Sign in to follow this  
badasp118

does anyone have a pattern for spur straps

Im looking for a pattern for buckaroo style spur straps..... Any Ideas?????

Thanks.......

Badasp118

Zack White Leather has a spur pattern pack. They might have what you are looking for. Just click on the ad that runs at the top of the page. Look in the "books and patterns" section.

Hidecrafters also has a pattern pack for spur straps. Look in the "patterns- tooling" section. Again- just click on the ad at the top of the page.

Crystal

Take a look at these and see what you think. Then send me a PM if you like them.

Mark

spur straps 012.JPG

Spur straps-boys 014.JPG

post-9505-125795405612_thumb.jpg

post-9505-125795418327_thumb.jpg

Anyone? I really need help guys. I am flat busted and can't afford to buy a pattern pack right now. I need a spur pattern so I can make a set for my son for christmas. Thats gonna be about all he gets, along with a holster set I made him. Thank god he'd rather have my leather work than store bought stuff. And thats something for a 14 year old....... Leather working is all that keeps me from going crazy right now since i was forced to retire from the police force after an on the job injury.... I have leather etc, but I really dont want to muddle through making a pattern, ive never made spur straps before.......

Thanks Guys..

badasp

customknife10@rocketmail.com

If Mark's patterns don't help you, but I must admit; Nice straps Mark, here's a link to some Spur Straps patterns.

Butch

Butch,

Perfect thank you!!!!!! Hopefully Mark has time to get back to me, those are beautiful spur straps.......

Bad

If your still looking for spur straps , you may want to contact HideCrafter Leather. Chan Geer has a spur strap pattern pack.

Happy tooling

Tim

what would you guys suggest i use weight wise for the straps? I have several diffrent weights of tooling leather.................

Badasp118

what would you guys suggest i use weight wise for the straps? I have several diffrent weights of tooling leather.................

Badasp118

Looking at those Tandy Paterns it suggests 8 - 9 oz leather.

I think that is what I would use.

Johnny Dingus