Sign in to follow this  
Shorts

Intro + a holster

Hi folks, I joined up yesterday, looks like an informative place to be. I'm getting back into making holsters after a 2yr time off (moved overseas) so no guns to make holsters for. At any rate, I've learned to order blue guns so I'm getting started :)

First project to wet my whistle is a OWB belt snap for my little airsoft Colt Commander. It's a trial run model for my .45 back home. Try to ignore the tragedy that is my stitching on the top support piece. Inferior string is NOT the way to go, nor is my lazy method of predrilling (I KNOW BETTER!). Anyhow, the rest of the leather was punched properly but I'm waiting on my supplies to arrive so I can stithc this puppy up and get it finished.

Thanks yall

Edit: not pictured is the rear belt strap. That will be screwed to the holster so it can be changed out if/when the snap wears out....the front is on it's own! :D

Edited by Shorts

Looks like a good start and we need to see the finshed product. Ask questions! :D

Welcome to the forum short, good to have you here. So far the holster looks good, can't wait to see the end product.

You've come to the right place to get any help that you may need, ask away and lots of people will help out with answers.

Ken

Shorts,

Glad to have you join up here. We have a lot of interest and discussions about holsters. Do you do any tooling on your holsters?

Thanks for the welcome gentlemen. Regis, I have not done any tooling to the holsters. I've always preferred a simple, elegant design of a non-tooled holster. But I'm beginning to get curious. All in good time I suppose :)

Shorts

Welcome to the forum. Keep us informed of your progress and remember, post them photos.

Regards,

Randy