Chris B

Christmas Came early for Me!

To start this off my Great-Grandfather used to tool leather in his basement. Thats when I was first introduced to leather work. And since i have gotten into it, I have always wondered what happened to all of his leather tools. Well I tracked them down in my family, and now they are in my possession!!!!! :thumbsup: I was like a kid on Christmas morning Sat. when I got them!!! They all say Craftool CO and Craftool USA. Also there is one Ruby blade in there amongst the mix of everything. I am glad that I have them and will put them to good use. But I do have one question, those ruby blades, you dont have to strop them or sharpen them right? Any way here are the pictures.

Pappy's Leather Tools 2.JPG

Pappy's Leather Tools 3.JPG

post-1589-126014362628_thumb.jpg

post-1589-126014365096_thumb.jpg

Lucky, lucky, lucky. That's a great gift.

Good for you!! I bet he'd be glad to know they are being put back to use. I've got the tools my grandfather used to have and they are some of the ones I reach for the most.

Good for you, mister! I'm feeling all kinds of happiness for you.

Kate

Congrats on your grandpa's tools! I got a couple ruby blades in a lot of tools on ebay once, and I understand no sharpening is even suggested, but I do strop (polish) them as often as I do my ceramic blade (when you start to feel a bit of drag).

Good luck & enjoy!

Thanks guys. I am actually very surprised that I got them. I was told they were sold a long time ago, but I called anyway and found out I was wrong lol. Thanks again