BOOMSTICKHolsters

Weapon Mounted Light Holsters

I almost never agree to build holsters with weapon mounted lights on them. Doing these in leather just isn't too practical for various reasons. I did have a friend manage to talk me into building one for him recently (did I mention he's the best salesman I know?), so I thought I would post some pictures. What kind of holsters have any of you all built for pistols with lights or lasers on them? Let's see some pictures of what you have done. I'll start first.....

G19WML1.jpg

G19WML2.jpg

G19WML3.jpg

BTW, I used the snap springs from High Desert Leather for the retention snap on this one. It's really handy to have these on hand so I don't have to cut them myself, and it makes building a snap retention holster much less of a pain in the rump

Wow, thats a nce rig for a light mounted Glock. I can't see due to the color and shadow in picture, but is the light portion of the holster closed via stitching or is it left open? I assume the rivet holding the muzzle of the holster closed was at the request of the user? or is it to help position the pistol due to the longer light extending past the muzzle?

-Tac

P.S. I have never built a light mounted rig, but might try my hand at it if I ever get caught up on orders.

The bezel is exposed. I would rather leave it closed to cover negligent light discharges during the draw or the return, but I couldn't find a good way to do it to my satisfaction.

The riveted portion is done so the pistol can't set too low in the holster and obstruct a full grip. I didn't sew it because I wasn't sure how close the seem needed to be until the holster was shaped. If I standardized the design I would make patterns and pre-sew them for the specific pistol and light combination, but this was a one time thing so I guesstimated the design and stitching patterns and set the rivet after shaping the holster.

Jeff,

Nice job on your holster. I built a pocket holster for a customer's G19 with a light. He liked the holster, I hated it, go figure.

I then built a OWB for another customers Beretta PX4 and laser light combo. Once again I hated it and swore I'd never make another one. He liked it. I even threw the pattern away after completion. He recently wrote me asking if I can build that holster for a couple of his buddies with the same pistol/laser light setup? Since, I no longer had the pattern, I asked him to take some photos of his holster. The photos are not real clear, I think he used his cell pphone camera but everyone can get the idea.

Randy

download-21 enhanced.jpg

tn-11 enhanced.jpg

tn2 enhanced.jpg

post-5304-126094899898_thumb.jpg

post-5304-126094902784_thumb.jpg

post-5304-126094906161_thumb.jpg

I have never built a holster for a light or lazer mounted firearm. The closest I've done was for a Colt "Target" model .22 rimfire auto with a see-thru red dot sight. The guy wanted something he could use in small-bore "steel challenge" matches, and this is what I came up with. It balances well on a (later made) 2" belt. The customer is tickled pink........me, I'm not too sure. Mike

001.jpg

Obviously a classy looking rig. :) I'm in perfect agreement on not wanting to make one.. :)