Sign in to follow this  
Baba Brad

Beginner from Texas

Hey there. Found this forum via some guys that post at zombiehunters.org. Just recently started playing with leather and find it to be very relaxing. Sure, I've made some mistakes in my first few projects, but the bug has bitten and I'm looking forward to making more and more useful items (holsters and sheaths and maybe, some day, a purse for my wife).

I live in Spring, just north of Houston. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, working for a charter company (any military folks have most likely taken a ride on one of our DC-10s or MD-11s). I've also studied the martial arts for the last 30+ years (still a beginner in that also) and in the past year, taken up pistol shooting again. I also love to hike and camp and fish. Trying to get my hands on a canoe, we've a beautiful creek with walking distance that is just made for canoeing.

Married with 3 daughters (one is about to become a mom for the first time). 1 dog, trying to convince the wife a 2nd dog is a good idea. She's not buying it.

I'll post my first projects up. Critiques are welcome, criticism not so much. I KNOW they could be better, I know I should slow down and bit and make my cuts neater and maybe invest in some proper tools. But, I'm pleased with my first efforts and they work. That's what matters to me.

WELCOME...... BABA BRAD. YOU'LL LIKE IT HERE.

SPRING TEXAS, NORTH OF HOUSTON HOW FAR NORTH ?. I GREW UP IN BRYAN....

Edited by Luke Hatley

Thanks for the nice intro, Brad. We hope you enjoy it here, and will stick around. welcome.gif

Welcome to the site Brad,

My son went to UTI in Spring a few years ago. We own property in Cross Cut, Texas and I'm Air Force retired after 21 1/2 years. Worked on the Fighters jet engines initially and then the aircraft. Ironically I have three kids also, but I hope my daughter isn't pregnant. :lol:

Again welcome to the site.

Butch

Baba Brad welcome to the forum. Glad to see another Texan jumping into the mix.

Practice, Practice, Practice

Welcome to LW, Brad! Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Welcome to the forum.

Happy New Year!

WELCOME...... BABA BRAD. YOU'LL LIKE IT HERE.

SPRING TEXAS, NORTH OF HOUSTON  HOW FAR NORTH ?. I GREW UP IN BRYAN....

I'm 17 minutes from Bush Airport via the Hardy Toll Road. Convenient, as that is where I work. 

Looking forward to reading more than posting in the beginning. I know I have a lot to learn, but I'm wary of folks that like to slam the newbies on how little they know. Of course, some deserve the slamming by claiming to know more than they do. I know that I know nothing. So, I'll be reading and learning as much as I can. 

And practicing. See the Show Off thread for my latest leather work 2 holsters, my 3rd and 4th attempts.

Hey`all

Just joined the forum myself. What a resource! I`m on information overload.

I`m here just north of Bush freeway in far north dallas.

I never new Bush had a airport. I saw him at the hardware store just the other day.

John

Welcome to the Forum!

I believe there is a Bush International Airport in Houston as well. I don't live there, but I believed I have flown in/out of there a couple of times, many years ago.

Good luck.

Hey there. Found this forum via some guys that post at zombiehunters.org. Just recently started playing with leather and find it to be very relaxing. Sure, I've made some mistakes in my first few projects, but the bug has bitten and I'm looking forward to making more and more useful items (holsters and sheaths and maybe, some day, a purse for my wife).

I live in Spring, just north of Houston. I'm an aircraft mechanic by trade, working for a charter company (any military folks have most likely taken a ride on one of our DC-10s or MD-11s). I've also studied the martial arts for the last 30+ years (still a beginner in that also) and in the past year, taken up pistol shooting again. I also love to hike and camp and fish. Trying to get my hands on a canoe, we've a beautiful creek with walking distance that is just made for canoeing.

Married with 3 daughters (one is about to become a mom for the first time). 1 dog, trying to convince the wife a 2nd dog is a good idea. She's not buying it.

I'll post my first projects up. Critiques are welcome, criticism not so much. I KNOW they could be better, I know I should slow down and bit and make my cuts neater and maybe invest in some proper tools. But, I'm pleased with my first efforts and they work. That's what matters to me.

Howdy and Welcome. I read alot over here, but haven't typed much yet. Good to see ya. Cotton