Sign in to follow this  
Phil Brunson

Clutch Purse Question

A lot of friends run money during the Ren Fest and have asked about a money pouch, so they can have the bills divided. Look around it looks like a simple clutch purse will work. Issue I am running into is the dividers. I know they are thin, but I am running into the order to put the accordion like dividers in so it flows right and is not bulky. Tandy has a kit (Victoria Clutch Purse Kit), but I do want to spend the $40 if I do not have to. It looks simple, once I get the pattern. Has anyone done a clutch purse like this or have any ideas.

Thank you,

Phil Brunson

would be interested in it, too

You may just need to try some things. Maybe making a paper version of whatever you have planned to see if it will work. I've had a similar pig of a time working on the innards of wallets and purses I'm designing.

basically you would do sections like a biker wallet. ex cut like 5 3x9 pieces. you take 2 put them face to face n stitch them to each other not on the edges but like in middle like a 2 in square. hard to explain lol. do another set like that. then take one set with unfinished side n face unfinished side n sew edges n so on. the last one will get sewn on edges. the the outsid part would be triple the wide so as to go around the accordian type inside. not sure im explaining it right. ill have to draw up a diagram im thinkin lol. maybe you can understand my dribble lol. hopefully it helps. Bronc/Bonnie

After talking to the guys a Tandy, they pointed me to The Art Of Making Leather Cases, Vol. 2 book. Around page 68, there are several plans on how to construct the expanding sides and bottoms. It has plans for different fixed bottom and expanding bottoms. It has very nice drawings that could be adopted for what ever needs you might have.

Do not know why I did not think of it before, but go to any office supply store and get a paper organizer. You can see how the folds are put together.