hidepounder

Tapadero Lamp

very beautiful,

I had a question, in this design conchos are not part of the design of the tooling. I know they are 'functional' as it were. (I see lots of taps around her and most are downright utilitarian. ) with a screw or conchos to hold the taps in place on the stirrup.

In keeping with the style does it matter if the leather is carved around the conchos incorporating them into the design or, like you did, just having the conchos as their own adornment on top of the carved leather.

How do you decide which way to do?

I'm speechless!! Although I can pick out one flaw in this lamp........ it's not mine!! LoL

Bob, you set the bar at Olympic levels. I love seeing your work. Please keep sharing with us.

just stunning!

Question- when doing your finger cuts, do you draw them on the leather, draw a general shape, lightly sketch in borderlines, do them entirely freehand as you go.......?

How do you keep them so even as to shape, spacing, size, etc?

Pete - I lightly trace the main element of the design onto the leather and then fill in freehand. The main element provides spacing and size for the minor elements. If you look closely you'll see quite a variation from one area to another, LOL!

very beautiful,

I had a question, in this design conchos are not part of the design of the tooling. I know they are 'functional' as it were. (I see lots of taps around her and most are downright utilitarian. ) with a screw or conchos to hold the taps in place on the stirrup.

In keeping with the style does it matter if the leather is carved around the conchos incorporating them into the design or, like you did, just having the conchos as their own adornment on top of the carved leather.

How do you decide which way to do?

Cowgirlrae - it really is all a matter of personal preference. I sometimes design a circle for the concho to sit on......with this pattern I drew petals in a circle around the concho as if the concho was a flower. There are lots of choices, use what looks good to you! What I do not care for is when there has been no consideration in the pattern for the conchos.

Bobby

The master

Wow Very nice Bob. It's amazing how you step it up another notch each time.

:jawdropper:

I'm almost speachless at the quality of your work. Absolutely amazing! Your work is an inspiration to me! I mean that very sincerely.

That is beyond any question a piece of world-class leather art. Every square inch of it is absolutely stunning! But the overall form of it is also very intriguing. Thanks for posting that!

Kate