Sign in to follow this  
trikegeoff

wild pig or boar pattern

good morning

i have come to you people in the hope of obtaining a picture or a pattern of a wild boar.

im looking to carve this onto a back quiver that i am making, but would also like to use it on a book cover. i have seen very little leatherwork depicting a wild pig and would love to see some samples of work that you guys have done so i can asses if i have the ability to do such work (im only new to carving)

thank you all in advance.

geoff

Try this.

or this

or this

or this

or this

or maybe this

or how 'bout this?

Google images has lots more :spoton:

I went to Google image and type in this 'wild boar line art'

Plenty of design if those who have responsed didn't give you your fill.

Good luck.

Hilly, you found some great patterns! I just couldn't resist doing this one. It's the perfect kind of pattern to follow. If I ever need a pattern, I know who to turn to.

Kathy

Eyeballs 017.JPG

post-1462-126456600215_thumb.jpg

Hilly, you found some great patterns! I just couldn't resist doing this one. It's the perfect kind of pattern to follow. If I ever need a pattern, I know who to turn to.

Kathy

Eyeballs 017.JPG

GREAT JOB GIRL !!!!!!REALY WELL TOOLED LOVE WHAT YOU DID WITH THE HAIR...REALY NICE WORK WITH THE HOVES,,,,Doc....

Kathy

Eyeballs 017.JPG

Wow Kathy! That's amazing! You are an inspiration to us all.

ClayB has a Bob tool that he does hair with. I have an old ground down F910, and thought it would be good to figure out how Clay does it so well. My cheap tool worked out very well for this purpose. Once I got it figured out, it was a piec of cake.

Nice job Kathy, even without a Bob tool! The pointy fine lined beveler was my first Bob tool, and it's still my favorite one. It does a great job on hair. But you can do the same thing a craftool if you file it down to a sharp point. I've used that and then went over it with a hair blade with good results.

Nice job Kathy, even without a Bob tool! The pointy fine lined beveler was my first Bob tool, and it's still my favorite one. It does a great job on hair. But you can do the same thing a craftool if you file it down to a sharp point. I've used that and then went over it with a hair blade with good results.

Yep, that's exactly what I have! Do you use the hair blade when you use the Bob tool?

You don't usually need the hair blade if you use the Bob tool. It has really fine lines and it makes great hair as long as you make the impressions close enough together. 'Member that bear I did a couple years ago with the nasty ear? All the hair on him was done with just that one tool.